Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a phone number for hadley? I blew up my drive side bearing in my rear hub this weekend, so I think I need to give them a call. Thanks in advance.

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jay; that was the number I had, and I tried it but got their fax tone. which doesn't suprise me being it's early in the morning and they're probably not open, and perhaps they have given themselves a four day weekend. Jay, what hubs are you using since you blew up your hadleys?
SSINGA, do you have one of those little emoticons that would look like me giving you the finger? :D

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
Renegade said:
Thanks Jay; that was the number I had, and I tried it but got their fax tone. which doesn't suprise me being it's early in the morning and they're probably not open, and perhaps they have given themselves a four day weekend. Jay, what hubs are you using since you blew up your hadleys?
SSINGA, do you have one of those little emoticons that would look like me giving you the finger? :D
Hey Renny. I probably have that bearing in stock if you need to get it rolling asap. I'll be at the shop this afternoon.

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Larry, thanks for the offer! It looks like I need to remove the non drive side bearing in order to remove the outer race of the drive side bearing. That operation may scrap the non-drive side bearing. Do you happen to have both bearings?

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
Renegade said:
Larry, thanks for the offer! It looks like I need to remove the non drive side bearing in order to remove the outer race of the drive side bearing. That operation may scrap the non-drive side bearing. Do you happen to have both bearings?
Shouldn't be a problem to get the non-drive side one out without damage. I think I only have 1 in stock, but could steal one from another hub in a pinch.

Larry

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Larry, I got the non-drive side bearing out without damaging it, and I've free'd up the race from it's position on the drive side, so I'll only need the one bearing. I'll call you this afternoon, thanks for taking the time!

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Renegade said:
Say Jay, looky at that fancy rear shock you got! How are you likeing it?
...actually, just got it this morning :D I bought the one from Sean's friend & the spring appears to be a tad light (#500)....so, looks like I will have to get a new one (Ti :thumbsup:)

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Outer race of the offending bearing has been removed. There are certain advantages to being the machine shop manager! The bearings are identical, I will be making an insertion alignement tool so that I can get the replacement bearing through the first press fit diameter without cocking it. I don't know why hadley has the drive side bearing bottoming againts the hub in the direction they do.

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
jncarpenter said:
...actually, just got it this morning :D I bought the one from Sean's friend & the spring appears to be a tad light (#500)....so, looks like I will have to get a new one (Ti :thumbsup:)
guess I shouldn't have been so worried about cleaning the shock! :eek:

I thought Larry was going to respond with...."I got a set of I9's in the shop if you want a real wheelset". HA HA!

Hey Renny -

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SSINGA said:
I thought Larry was going to respond with...."I got a set of I9's in the shop if you want a real wheelset". HA HA!

Hey Renny -
Na, Larry doesn't treat me the same way he treats you.:eek: :ciappa:

Hey Sean; back at ya:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
Renegade said:
Larry, I just called you. Are you at the shop?
Hey Renny. Minor emergency with our 3 year old, so I got held up at home for a few hours, heading for the shop now if you want to call again in a bit (or I'll call you back when I get there).

Larry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.