Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
JBsoxB said:
any other reasons besides price and retarded kids?

oh, and the point of this thread is to find out why so many people on this board pefer hadley over Chris King...
because of the retarded kid...uhh i mean price.

King has some technical overkill going for it but a good hub for a good price is good enough for most.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
There is one major difference between the two, CK you get great if not some of the best in the bis. customer service, try calling Hadley and ask about the availablity of a hub, you get the same run-around crap they always say, well the shells are at the anodizer, or we had some machinist trouble and are making adjustments. It never fails, the parts or even hubs are there, but if the back log is checked, well it looks like we will have them for you in three weeks! BS, nothing but BS!

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
drumstix said:
There is one major difference between the two, CK you get great if not some of the best in the bis. customer service, try calling Hadley and ask about the availablity of a hub, you get the same run-around crap they always say, well the shells are at the anodizer, or we had some machinist trouble and are making adjustments. It never fails, the parts or even hubs are there, but if the back log is checked, well it looks like we will have them for you in three weeks! BS, nothing but BS!
do you have a....ck?

·
Innovate or die!
702 Posts
hmm

I was in the same situation as you a few months ago. My LBS(well the one i am forced to aknowledge) Mike's Bikes in palo alto has the wheelsmith mechanic center in the back. The head mechanic, kenny, actually told me to go hadley over chris king. He says the ringdrive on the king high maintinence and can be ruined very easily on DH/FR, as he did to his in 02. The hadley rear hub is purpose built for DH/FR as it says on the hub shell, and is $150 less expensive, but is only about 30 grams(1/15th a pound) heavier than a king for you weight weenies. The front hub is 2 grams heavier ( bite off your pinkie nail) and has the same features as a king: "one piece" axle tube, and preload adjustable bearings. Kenny also personally thinks the hadley works just as fine, and said he has not maintinenced his in 2.5 years. And my god, they roll so fast still. The only way i would get a king hubset is the pro-deal for employees (headset, both hubs in package deal), and even then, i'm not so sure.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
j6105 said:
I was in the same situation as you a few months ago. My LBS(well the one i am forced to aknowledge) Mike's Bikes in palo alto has the wheelsmith mechanic center in the back. The head mechanic, kenny, actually told me to go hadley over chris king. He says the ringdrive on the king high maintinence and can be ruined very easily on DH/FR, as he did to his in 02. The hadley rear hub is purpose built for DH/FR as it says on the hub shell, and is $150 less expensive, but is only about 30 grams(1/15th a pound) heavier than a king for you weight weenies. The front hub is 2 grams heavier ( bite off your pinkie nail) and has the same features as a king: "one piece" axle tube, and preload adjustable bearings. Kenny also personally thinks the hadley works just as fine, and said he has not maintinenced his in 2.5 years. And my god, they roll so fast still. The only way i would get a king hubset is the pro-deal for employees (headset, both hubs in package deal), and even then, i'm not so sure.
i have a king in the back and a hadley up front... i also have a shimano deore wheelset....

i was just thinking of what hubs to get for my next 24" wheelset....

·
Innovate or die!
702 Posts
kadvang...

kadbang........i live in palo alto. Tall trees represent hahaha. I wish i lived in SC, sick surf and trails down in that part o town. I don't reccomend mikes bikes.........service and prices sucks.

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
Hadleys can be hard to get at times, seems they can't keep up with demand or cater to bike manufacturers rather than after market, But I love mine and would NEVER buy a CK hub over a Hadley

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
j6105 said:
kadbang........i live in palo alto. Tall trees represent hahaha. I wish i lived in SC, sick surf and trails down in that part o town. I don't reccomend mikes bikes.........service and prices sucks.
damn man once i get my sunday we gotta get a ride together or something

yeah all the shops around here blow

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.