Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on a routine expedition
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will I have a problem installing my Hadley rear hub with a 10mm thru-axle on a Slopestyle? I know the frame comes with some rear dropout adapters, but I was under the impression they were 9mm and 12mm. Is there a 10mm too?

I'm also wondering about what to do with the keyed nut on the rear axle. The Intense adapters I've seen are solid. Time to break out the dremel?

·
Ideas Above My Station...
1,506 Posts
I'm not totally sure the problem your having here. 9mm axle and 10mm axles are basically the same. I have a nutted 10mm axle on my SS and it uses the same drop-out spacers the standard 9mm QR uses.

There's definitely no need for a dremel!!!!!

The convertors / spacers should slip right on over the 10mm axle, and then into the drop-outs. The spacers need to be pulled out wide with the nut screwed right out to the end of the axle to get the spacers over the drop-outs, then tighten.

Not sure about the 'keyed nut' your talking about, what is this?

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Orange-Goblin said:
I'm not totally sure the problem your having here. 9mm axle and 10mm axles are basically the same.
partially correct...

10mm IS the size of standard vertical rear dropouts and axles for QRs (9mm is the size of the front QR axles)

·
Old school BMXer
2,695 Posts
Eric, Why didn't you just ask me??? When I was runnning the Hadley 10 mm hubs with their axle on my SS, I notched one of the adapters to fit the tab on the axle. The tab is still barely long enough to lock on the frame so that it won't spin.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yup I broke out the dremel for the adapter so I could fit my Hadley axle on. The other option is to drop the slotted Hadley nut and just get a regular locking nut with the same thread pitch. I did this at first just to be able to run the 10mm axle and then notched the adapter later so I only needed to use one tool to take the wheel off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.