Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Is my rear tire flat?
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
went to a local bike shop and hoisted an Ellsworth, right there in my hands I had an epiphany.....

This story takes place at St. Edwards State Park in Western Washington. The parking lot (which used to require payment for parking) is now free. When you roll up the parking is in the shadow of an old Catholic seminary.

Been riding these parts for a real long time. Actually since 1997 upon graduation from Washington State University. Bought my first real "mountain bike" before I enrolled from my local dealer. Off to college and was greeted with never ending back roads and wheat fields. Riding out on the Palouse was such adventure while escaping the stresses of campus life. I would leave in the morning and come back in the afternoons. Stopping for water in little dusty towns without paved roads. Also late night explorations in culverts and loading docks while ripping though the campus with reckless abandon in search of that good time. 4 years later I headed back home. Goodbye wheat fields....

Now back to where my mountain biking went from casual fire roads to singletrack. St. Eds has always been my nearest biking spot. In the beginning I lived within biking distance and would ride it multiple times of week. Now this riding area is rather small, but I learned early on to start in different locations take a new route each time.

Rain, snow or blistering heat would not keep me off the trails. I remember arriving in the parking lot at over 100 degrees for Jimmy's thursday night rides. Even the hardcore fast riders would show up to get a workout in leading the pack preparing for monster weekend rides in the Cascades. Crazy cool rides with 5,000 feet of climbing an out and back in 24 miles.

We definately have it lucky here. In town rides all year and huge epic backcountry rides in the summer time. Locally though, is where I spend most of my time. I like taking pictures. Here is one from today at Ed's....

Just had to give thanks to a riding area. Thanks Ed for all the good rides you have blessed me with.

Peace out and long live good rides! Here are a few from my past.

Cheers

db

Happy New Year to you all!

·
Is my rear tire flat?
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that another 29er I see there????

How do like the rigid front end? I've been excited to try one out. Mine is ss with front suspension. How do you like your setup for our local trails???

Dennis

·
Is my rear tire flat?
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Thanks

Sentiment said:

Wow! That one is amazing. Great photos, hope your mtb journey continues for a long time to come.
Took this shot in Sun Valley on the Fisher Creek Trail. This one made it into Dirt Rag in the RidersEye section.

Dennis

·
igoslo
971 Posts
dlbennett said:
How do like the rigid front end? I've been excited to try one out. Mine is ss with front suspension. How do you like your setup for our local trails???

Dennis
I really like the rigid front end a lot. I run a 2.55 Weirwolf up front that provides plenty of cush, not so great in the mud but that's the way it goes. I bought the bike to replace a CX/commuter bikethat wasn't quite meeting my needs. It's really become my go to bike over the last year and my SS has been feeling a little neglected.

·
Is my rear tire flat?
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well then...

Sir, it is apparent you have two nice steeds in your stable. I am in search of some big meats for mine as the 2.10's just don't cut it. Thought about puting an IGH on the back of the 29er, give it a few more gears. Who knows....

db

SoloRider said:
I really like the rigid front end a lot. I run a 2.55 Weirwolf up front that provides plenty of cush, not so great in the mud but that's the way it goes. I bought the bike to replace a CX/commuter bikethat wasn't quite meeting my needs. It's really become my go to bike over the last year and my SS has been feeling a little neglected.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I love St. Eddie's too, I grew up in Redmond and now am living in the U-district in Seattle. St. Eddie's is an awesome place to ride after work/school, but now that Colonnade is finished and I live within riding distance of it, it is my new after work/school destination. But St. Eddies will always have a place in my heart.

·
Is my rear tire flat?
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks.

Ahhhh, Collonade. Another just amazing place to ride in and around the Seattle area.

Forecast for Seattle: Rain, and a lot of it!

Prescription: Ride on the dry trails under a canopy of a concrete and views of sea planes taking off of Lake Union.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.