Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So me and a friend are both looking for new FS bikes at the moment, I have been riding SS for years although I've had 6 Intense bikes and various others in the past.

My friend got me thinking about Santa Cruz as he owns a Blur LT and they have always been a bike that I have admired but never owned yet, so we decided to borrow a couple from our LBS today and here they are:

Wanted to post that one up as I've not seen a pic of a carbon Blur next to a Carbon Nomad before! :thumbsup:

I couldn't believe that this Blur was almost as light as my SS but didn't feel compromised at all. I really enjoyed myself and all in all we are really impressed, I was on the Blur and thought it was the best climbing bike I've ever ridden, although the frame was too small for me, it didn't feel bad at all, I'm 6ft tall so could fit on either with a bit of tinkering.

I was just amazed at how it climbed though, it just kept going and going.

The weather was manky today, loads of rain, sleet and snow so the trails were pretty messed up, but the bikes both performed amazingly although I'd of like to of hit some dry trails with it.

I've been deliberating over what FS to buy for months, I've got a Spider2 on order but I'm not really sure whats happening there so it's definitely the only other bike I want to currently consider as well as the Intense Spider 2...

Cool bikes guys! :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
I love the LTc. Building my second one now. It is best nicest, stiffest, funnest bike I have ridden to date. You will not regret buying an LTc. They climb like a champ and descend just as well. Do it.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Was nice that you got to test them at the same time, with the same shock. How different was the rear end feel between the two? Climbing, descending, just riding around, general traction (I like that you tested in mud... since I ride in mud all the time).

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Climbing and general riding the Nomad was always going to be harder work although having the same VPP design meant that it still pedalled really well. On the downs the Nomad was very planted and just dealt with the trail so the rider didnt have to!

It was to be expected really, the Namad excelled on the downhills and drops but the Blur was amazing on the climbs and single track. :)

·
Registered
777 Posts
neblackb said:
I love the LTc. Building my second one now. It is best nicest, stiffest, funnest bike I have ridden to date. You will not regret buying an LTc. They climb like a champ and descend just as well. Do it.
I have a 2010 S/C BlurLT2-carbon... CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINKS ABOUT THE BIKE !!! Fun to ride, Super stiff, Just floats over all the rough stuff, Climbs like a HT, - The stiff rear end... Does not feel like a 5+ inch travel bike at all... And I mean this in a Good way... Go riding with some really fast guys on- SS 29er, 29er FS, 26 FS xc, and you will see what I am talking about... You put a 70-80mm stem,Wide Bars-711mm, 150mm Fork, and some All Mountain wheels... You will be rewarded with a Amazing Ride !!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts