Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was interested in putting a set of h bars on the 06 rig i am building (slowly) with a rigid fork. does anyone have any input on these bars? i have a small rig with a used 70mm stem with risers. if i use h bars do i use a longr stem? how about the brake lever mounting? are the cables going to be ripped off during a crash?
does anyone have pictures of there setup using these bars?
i'm not conserned with weight, style, bling... just looking into the possibility of added comfort. any input will be appreciated. thanks for your time.

·
Registered
19,080 Posts
You'll need a longer stem.

Brakes mount in front of the crossbar.

I suppose the cables might get ripped off in a crash, but I don't see how it's more prone to than with a straight bar.

There are LOTS of pictures and write-ups of these bars. There's a search feature at the top/center of this page (beneath the banner ad) that will give you more threads than you need.

·
Registered
26 Posts
you will need some longer housing and i had to change my routing a bit to prevent kinkage but once set up they are no more prone to damage then a flat. Maybe get a slightly longer stem but part of the wonderfulness of the h bar is the ability to have your hands in different positions from a standard flat bar. for me this includes an ultra stable low and spread position which is further back then i would normally be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.