Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my Titec H-Bar in today after having it on order for about a year now. Price was more than I had heard it would be at first, but I think I'm going to like this bar.
Mounted up a couple of Weir Wolf LT's on this bike today and it's got gobs of clearance everywhere but at the front derailluer where it gets cozy with the lever that actuates the paralellogram of the derailluer.

Mounted it upside down because it felt better that way. Controls are SRAM triggers and Avid levers, the stock Raleigh stuff. Grips are coming, this is just a "for show shot".

Attachments

·
This place needs an enema
17,242 Posts
Guitar Ted said:
Finally got my Titec H-Bar in today after having it on order for about a year now. Price was more than I had heard it would be at first, but I think I'm going to like this bar.
Mounted up a couple of Weir Wolf LT's on this bike today and it's got gobs of clearance everywhere but at the front derailluer where it gets cozy with the lever that actuates the paralellogram of the derailluer.

Mounted it upside down because it felt better that way. Controls are SRAM triggers and Avid levers, the stock Raleigh stuff. Grips are coming, this is just a "for show shot".
Comfort and 'possible' ergonomics aside, that's the ugliest bar I've ever seen. Ever.

Looks good on your bike though!

Enjoy it Mark!

MC

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gee, thanks......I think!

mikesee said:
Comfort and 'possible' ergonomics aside, that's the ugliest bar I've ever seen. Ever.

Looks good on your bike though!

Enjoy it Mark!

MC
Well, the good looking H-Bar is outta my price range, so this'll hafta do. ;)

Besides, I don't really give a hoot if it is ugly, (it definitely is, by the way), I just care that it works. I'll let ya all know once I get a few several hour rides on it.

Lots of folks like the original recipe, we'll see if the "mass produced" version works too.

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
Guitar Ted said:
Well, the good looking H-Bar is outta my price range, so this'll hafta do. ;)

Besides, I don't really give a hoot if it is ugly, (it definitely is, by the way), I just care that it works. I'll let ya all know once I get a few several hour rides on it.

Lots of folks like the original recipe, we'll see if the "mass produced" version works too.
Put some nice orange and black cork tape (Cinelli Macro Splash) to match that stem of yours - and you're good to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hey GT! [or anyone else with thoughts on the subject].

I've uglified my bike with one of them Titec H-bar things as well.

However, I'm still sorting out the shifting details. Are you happy with how the SRAM shifters are working with the cross bar? I've haunted one of the Jones H-bar threads [which shows the XO shifters modeled by Mr. Jones himself] and the Jeff Jones bike sight.

With all of that info I'm stuck trying to decide between the XT dual control levers [nice ergonomics] and the SRAM X9 with new rear Derailer combo [potential mechanical robustness w/ possible reduced adjustment].

Also found my lock-on grips are about 3/16" too long to fit. :prft:

Thoughts on Grips? [What's up with this Cork stuff?]

Hope this alu version of the H-Bar lives up to at least some of it's billing. :p

I've enjoyed On-One's Mary bar; however I just had a hard time mounting things like lights and computers to it.

Thanks!

·
highly visible
3,284 Posts
Ugly, but my wrists don't have eyes. I have a Titec H on the way, and I have a feeling my hands and wrists will think it's beautiful.

Will have to mount it on the Lev first, so I can take a pic of my FS fully uglified, complete with Titec H, Thudbuster and Brooks B.17. Mmmm. Actually that'll mostly just be for Padre's benefit. :D

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shifter placement

[qoute: chaffer] "Are you happy with how the SRAM shifters are working with the cross bar?" [/quote]

I had heard that it might be difficult to mount triggers like SRAM or Rapid Fire due to the cross bar/ extension junction. I found out that I can reach the triggers just fine with my thumb. I'll have to be careful how I apply the bar wrap to avoid fouling the ergonomics there. As for the brake lever, I always have liked one, or at most two, finger braking and I always have liked pulling at the end of the lever. That means the levers are always waaaay inboard on my flat bar set ups. The H-Bar was no problem in this regard and it worked out well by putting the triggers on first and the levers on last. Not a set up for everyone, but it works for me

I eventually will be getting some Ergon grips to try on these. That should prove to be interesting!

Bruce Brown: Thanks for the suggestion on bar wrap color. That would be cool. However: I have some Bontrager Gel bar wrap in red that has been sitting in the parts bin for a year now and I'm going to use it with strategically placed bits of Fizik bar gel pads. Kind of like what I did on the Midge Bar for my Karate Monkey. Again, a temporary set up with the Ergons going on in the near future.

Mike: Thanks for your inspirations. It's part of the reason I'm trying out something like the H-Bar in the first place. :)

Note: I didn't mention it in the first post, but this is the 25.4mm clamp standard, not the originally planned 31.8mm, which I hear is delayed. That doesn't break my heart a bit, though since I think 31.8mm clamp diameter stems and handle bars are overly stiff. That's not what the H-Bar is about, in my opinion. Some flex is good in the right places!

·
gray hair in my shammy
414 Posts
GT.....I Like Em.....but......

Not sure I like the riser part, wish they would have made the crossbar flat like the Jones.
It also looks the crossbar tubing is the same dimension as the grip/horns where as the Jone's uses thicker tubing on the crossbar. . This looks like you can get a better fit with the triggers. You could also conceivably mount the triggers on the crossbar section. You have to pry them open. Oh Yea, wish they were lighter too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.