Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you with Jones H Bars, did you need a longer stem and, if so, how much longer? As an alternative, is a new frame one size larger a viable alternative (assuming the seat/BB relationship still works). Thx.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Stroganof said:
For those of you with Jones H Bars, did you need a longer stem and, if so, how much longer? As an alternative, is a new frame one size larger a viable alternative (assuming the seat/BB relationship still works). Thx.
I did not need a longer stem. I did need a few spacers because my old bars were risers.

I would not recommend a larger frame. To me the Jones bar did not change the cockpit that much.

My $.02 worth.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Loki said:
That don't make no sense.
If you are using a flat bar with a lot of sweep currently, then you will use the same size stem and frame you always used. As you can see by the picture the normal hand position on the H-Bar puts your hand in the same place as a flat bar with a lot of sweep. If you are currently using a riser bar then, you are going to have to change the stem rise and maybe length.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Ahhhhh

Englehardt said:
If you are using a flat bar with a lot of sweep currently, then you will use the same size stem and frame you always used. As you can see by the picture the normal hand position on the H-Bar puts your hand in the same place as a flat bar with a lot of sweep. If you are currently using a riser bar then, you are going to have to change the stem rise and maybe length.

Now it makes total sense.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.