Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a free pair of Scott SE cantilevers (the kind with the big white cylinder that hides the self-energizing mechanism and the CNC-machined arms). One side works fine, but the other has a rough spot with a lot of resistance as it rotates and moves toward the brake mount on the internal spiral track, which basically means they don't work. It seems like the solution is to take the thing apart and clean out the tracks. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to take it apart. Does anyone know how to get the internals out of the white cylinder, or is it permanently sealed shut?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
balcs said:
I picked up a free pair of Scott SE cantilevers (the kind with the big white cylinder that hides the self-energizing mechanism and the CNC-machined arms). One side works fine, but the other has a rough spot with a lot of resistance as it rotates and moves toward the brake mount on the internal spiral track, which basically means they don't work. It seems like the solution is to take the thing apart and clean out the tracks. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to take it apart. Does anyone know how to get the internals out of the white cylinder, or is it permanently sealed shut?
I don't know except I know of a shop that has a black/black set nos, lemme know if it helps, Im sure theyll let em go fer cheap

Will

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.