Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
6x7=Dont Panic!
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, my ss is finally rideable (been building it up for a while now), and the shop convinced me to buy a gussett spacer kit. I know I should not use a dx cog on a king alu body. I am not using my king wheels yet since they are not built and wont be for a few weeks, but I want to make sure I will be able to use the kit with the king wheel. I can fit both dx cogs that came with the kit on next to eachother, so my question is, is it wide enough to run a boone or endless cog? I plan to run dx on this wheel untill I know what my gearing is, then order a boone for the king which should be done by then. How wide exactly is a boone cog and how wide is a dx? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The gusset kit gives little to no chainline adjustability, and has no buisiness being near a hub of such great quality. Those spacers are too thick for the short freehub body and would yeild a chainline too wide for any bb/crank out there.
I would recomend using a kit of spacers that will allow chainline adjustability to within +/-1mm.

·
6x7=Dont Panic!
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
donkekus said:
DUDE..

Boone spacers.

DUH!
Ya, I think I'm taking the spacers back. Or just save them for a cheapo conversion eventually. I did manage to get a good chainline though with the ring in the middle up front, the 18t dx gog next to the spokes, 19mm spacer, 16t cog, and 14mm spacer. Although, I am still curious to know the widths of these cogs (dx, boone, endless).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.