Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Arab and ride the trails at Guntersville State Park several times a week. I will also start riding at Monte Sano once the time changes. If anyone wants to meet up for a ride in the afternoons or on the weekend, give me a shout. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
net wurker said:
How early can you ride on weekends?

We have a smallish group that rides most every Saturday and Sunday at 7:00 am. at Monte Sano.
I love early morning rides! I can make it either Saturdays or Sundays.

I have only been riding a little over a year, and I have always rode by myself so it would be nice to tag along and get some pointers. I don't want to hold anyone back though.

·
All-most Mountain
533 Posts
hey bro, I was just out at GSP last weekend...where are the bike trails? I was under the impression the trails were all hiking only.

also, youre welcome to ride with me at Monte Sano. Im an intermediate rider myself.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Camshaft213 said:
hey bro, I was just out at GSP last weekend...where are the bike trails? I was under the impression the trails were all hiking only.

also, youre welcome to ride with me at Monte Sano. Im an intermediate rider myself.
Hey man, I usually just ride the Cutchenmine Trail. It is a 5 mile out and back. That particular trail is comparable to the Family Trail @ Mone Sano, although it does have a few good climbs. Tom Bevill trail is pretty technical, for me anyway. I found myself carrying my bike quite a bit. It is a longer loop on top of Ellenburg Mountain.

The owner if Guntersville Outfitters was able to get some of the hiking trails changed to multi-use. From my understanding, all trails to the left of the park entrance are hiking/biking, as well as the Golf Course trail (haven't been on this one yet). They do trail work the first Sunday of every month. I have been trying to get out for that but something always comes up.

Here is map:

http://www.briartech.com/gunt1page.pdf

·
All-most Mountain
533 Posts
js_paddle07 said:
Hey man, I usually just ride the Cutchenmine Trail. It is a 5 mile out and back. That particular trail is comparable to the Family Trail @ Mone Sano, although it does have a few good climbs. Tom Bevill trail is pretty technical, for me anyway. I found myself carrying my bike quite a bit. It is a longer loop on top of Ellenburg Mountain.

The owner if Guntersville Outfitters was able to get some of the hiking trails changed to multi-use. From my understanding, all trails to the left of the park entrance are hiking/biking, as well as the Golf Course trail (haven't been on this one yet). They do trail work the first Sunday of every month. I have been trying to get out for that but something always comes up.

Here is map:

cool, I saw the Cutchemine tr the other day....where is the parking for it? i was wondering about that as I drove by. Do you have to park at the main parking lot then ride back out?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Camshaft213 said:
cool, I saw the Cutchemine tr the other day....where is the parking for it? i was wondering about that as I drove by. Do you have to park at the main parking lot then ride back out?
There is a small pull off on the shoulder. There is enough room for at least 4 vehicles. That is where I always park, but I have parked at the ranger station a few hundred yards away and rode my bike to the trailhead.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
net wurker said:
Hey Josh,

Hope you can make it back out sometime. It was fun riding Saturday!

And we need to schedule a GSP ride sometime. Maybe you can guide us around?
I had a great time too. I learned a lot from you guys! I am still amazed at the stamina it takes to ride like you guys do. I will definitely be joining you again for the weekend rides. Anytime you want to ride at GSP, just let me know. Those trails will be a walk in the park for you though :D

·
All-most Mountain
533 Posts
js_paddle07 said:

Here is map:

Hey man let me get this straight: i can park at the Ranger Station (or the pull off on the road) on 227, and from there I can ride Cutchemine out and back, then Tom Bevill to Cave? Is Cave rideable? I didn't see on the map where the "park entrance" is, so Im a little confused as to which trails are open to bikes.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Camshaft213 said:
Hey man let me get this straight: i can park at the Ranger Station (or the pull off on the road) on 227, and from there I can ride Cutchemine out and back, then Tom Bevill to Cave? Is Cave rideable? I didn't see on the map where the "park entrance" is, so Im a little confused as to which trails are open to bikes.
On the map I gave, the entrance is where the "Old House" is. You turn left there off of 227. It appears that a portion of the Cave Trail is on one side and a portion on the other side of the entrance road. I'm confused now too :confused:

Your best bet would be to get in touch with Darren @ Guntersville Outfitters. He will have any and all information you would need concerning the trails. Great store too! He is a Specialized dealer. Tell him Josh sent you :thumbsup:

Give me a shout if you decide to check out the trails.

·
All-most Mountain
533 Posts
js_paddle07 said:
On the map I gave, the entrance is where the "Old House" is. You turn left there off of 227. It appears that a portion of the Cave Trail is on one side and a portion on the other side of the entrance road. I'm confused now too :confused:

Your best bet would be to get in touch with Darren @ Guntersville Outfitters. He will have any and all information you would need concerning the trails. Great store too! He is a Specialized dealer. Tell him Josh sent you :thumbsup:

Give me a shout if you decide to check out the trails.
Hey man im probably going to hit up the trails in the morning....cold be damned

·
All-most Mountain
533 Posts
hey I just called Guntersville Outfitters and talked to some chick....she verified what you said, Cutchemine, Tom Bevill, Spring, Terril, Cave, and Golf Course are all open for bikes. Im going to be there in the AM.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice. Unfortunately, I sprained my ankle Saturday riding with Clay (net wurker) and two other guys at Monte Sano. I actually just got back from the doc with some Darvocet. It's not bad, but I won't be riding this week. Let me know how the ride goes.

Do you live in the area?

·
All-most Mountain
533 Posts
js_paddle07 said:
Nice. Unfortunately, I sprained my ankle Saturday riding with Clay (net wurker) and two other guys at Monte Sano. I actually just got back from the doc with some Darvocet. It's not bad, but I won't be riding this week. Let me know how the ride goes.

Do you live in the area?
I live in Huntsville.

Funny you mention that....I broke my hand on Monte Sano a year ago this week. Endo on Mountain Mist

·
All-most Mountain
533 Posts
net wurker said:
Don't forget the bloodied up knee, also.

Hey Camshaft, do you ever get out there early? Like 7:00 am? We need to hook up for a ride sometime.
yeah sure I'm usually available at 7. I must say though that I'm an intermediate rider, you guys would probably blow me away.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.