Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Gunnison for kids sporting events at the college the third weekend in June. Would love to camp somewhere reasonably close to town (30 minute drive). Was looking at the Hartman Rocks area as it would afford me the ability to ride when not at the kids events, but not sure if I can get my truck and trailer (20' tow behind) to the campsites based on reviews but not clear if that would be possible using 32B road.

Any insight on that or other good options for camping. Not opposed to campgrounds but prefer disbursed camping and close to riding is a huge bonus.

Thanks for suggestions.

·
Bikes in jeans
2,370 Posts
Hartman's might be a coin toss, I would give the local BLM office a call and see what they think. I've seen some crazy trailers make it back in there but I know they're planning on some major road maintenance so it's unclear what the accessibility will be at that time. It's also basically a free for all and there's never a guarantee any suitable spot will be available. There's a bunch of stuff out towards blue mesa and Taylor canyon just after almont may have some open spots. Hartmans would be your best shot for primitive camping that you can ride from.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Heading to Gunnison for kids sporting events at the college the third weekend in June. Would love to camp somewhere reasonably close to town (30 minute drive). Was looking at the Hartman Rocks area as it would afford me the ability to ride when not at the kids events.
The Gunnison KOA is awesome, very kid-friendly. And right up the road from Hartman Rocks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.