Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any reviews on these guys? Don't see much about them but seems like a good hardtail option.

im looking at a used 2013 version, also don't see much as far as prices go.

These se are the details;

Gunnar Cycles Rock Hound 29er. $2000
Some light wear with some paint scratches in the typical areas.

Frame- Rock Hound 19"
True Temper XO Platinum steel
USA Made frame!!
Fork- Fox F-29 100mm CTD
Wheels- Mavic Crossmax ST - setup tubeless
Headset- Chris King
Seat post- Thomsom Elite
SRAM 1 x 11 Drivetrain w/ very few miles logged

http://gunnarbikes.com/site/bikes/rock-hound/
Great XC ride. All around fun bike.
Just looking to downsize and she gets used the least these days.

·
Registered
903 Posts
loved my 2001 26" Rockhound, just retired for an Advocate Hayduke. Geo was dialed and rode well can't imagine they've screwed it up by updating it. Great bike Have fun

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Seems expensive, Gunnars don't hold their value particularly well. Frame only, it's worth maybe $500. And with every Gunnar, expect:

- the paint will chip very easily
- the seat post will slip
- tire clearance is just so-so

They can ride very nicely, depending on the size. I've had four Gunnars, and the smaller sized one rode great, but the larger frames were too stiff (they use size specific tubing) (the fourth was a cross bike, which also rode very well)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems expensive, Gunnars don't hold their value particularly well. Frame only, it's worth maybe $500. And with every Gunnar, expect:

They can ride very nicely, depending on the size. I've had four Gunnars, and the smaller sized one rode great, but the larger frames were too stiff (they use size specific tubing) (the fourth was a cross bike, which also rode very well)
Thanks for the info, that helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

What number would you put on it?

·
Cycologist
8,204 Posts
There are three currently listed on eBay, though i think they all are 26ers. One claims to be never ridden.

I have a Gunnar Street Dog. I picked up the frame/fork and a few parts for $45 I think. It was very street, as in it took me a month and a torch to get the seat post out. But I gathered up the needed parts and had the frame and fork powder coated and now it is a great bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts