Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
I know...

bsieb said:
Cntrl Alt P in IE will give you a new window which won't download or cache anything. :thumbsup:

Live large!
Actually, it's ctrl + shift + P. I'm on a work computer. I don't visit any sites on it that I don't deem appropriate, regardless of whether I'm using the In Private browsing feature or not.

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Kind of a foolish statement...

BuckshotJones said:
I agree. Going to gail for about 2.5 years is tough enough, but this will effectively end his career. This will carry with him for the rest of his life.
2.5 years of a new anything changes someone. Other things that are true:

Church changes a man
A new job changes a man
Eating ice cream every day changes a man
Eating healthy every day changes a man
Riding a bike every day changes a man
Not riding a bike for 2.5 years changes a man
Etc. etc. etc.

It's as silly as the phrase: A family that prays together, stays together.

·
saddlemeat
3,873 Posts
Ken in KC said:
Actually, it's ctrl + shift + P. I'm on a work computer. I don't visit any sites on it that I don't deem appropriate, regardless of whether I'm using the In Private browsing feature or not.
Right... oh well, live small then.

·
Ride Instigator
3,220 Posts
Any way that you look at it though, 2.5 years in the pokey (pun intended) is a looong time, especially for someone who likely lived an affluant lifestyle prior to comitting his crime. I'll bet he doesn't do THAT again when he gets released:thumbsup:.

·
kneecap
1,642 Posts
Ken in KC said:
2.5 years of a new anything changes someone. Other things that are true:

Church changes a man
A new job changes a man
Eating ice cream every day changes a man
Eating healthy every day changes a man
Riding a bike every day changes a man
Not riding a bike for 2.5 years changes a man
Etc. etc. etc.

It's as silly as the phrase: A family that prays together, stays together.
I'd pick ANY of the above over prison..:confused:

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
You do realize...

bsieb said:
Right... oh well, live small then.
I don't consider living small. I just don't go to websites on a work computer that I don't feel represent me professionally. Free will and all that....

You do realize that while In Private browsing doesn't store your browser history in IE, your computer's log files are still active, right? Live large....

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Ken in KC said:
I don't consider living small. I just don't go to websites on a work computer that I don't feel represent me professionally. Free will and all that....

You do realize that while In Private browsing doesn't store your browser history in IE, your computer's log files are still active, right? Live large....
yep, and your sys admin's network logs

·
mtbr Decade+
1,545 Posts
I think it is a good result.

I believe that the US, like Canada, does not prosecute the wealthy well. High profile defense attorneys with deep pockets and much support overwhelm mediocre prosecutors who are stretched too thin as over worked/under paid civil servants.

An ex-Ontario Attorney General recently murdered a bike courier in Toronto in a road rage episode. I'd be suprised to see him step foot in a prison.

We are not to the point in society where justice for the common man is wequal to that of the wealthy.

·
Stay thirsty my friends
885 Posts
As Thompson wiped away tears, his father, a retired surgeon, told the court that his son was influential in improving trauma care throughout the county...
Hilarious, this guy is 60 years old and he still has Daddy trying to bail him out in court by saying he's influential! Plus he has had a prior incident where he tried to hurt two other cyclists!

As I sit here drinking my morning coffee I fondly think of him locked in a 4'X4' cubicle, as a person who deals with these "influential" people all the time I can tell you from experience the level of "entitlement" they feel for themselves is beyond comprehension.

I have personally witnessed their childish behaviour and general lack of compassion for their fellow human beings...not all of them mind you but a significant proportion. I wish him the best of luck and hope he meets our friend "Bubba" who makes him his own personal valet.

Dr. Christopher Thompson, you epitomize all that is wrong with todays society and I sincerley hope you find the Lord in your time in prison. I don't often wish ill will on another human being but in your instance I wish you the worst experience possible. I raise my glass in toast to your Infiniti getting repo'ed and your wife finding the pool boy attractive and divorcing your sorry butt and hopefully your license pulled to practice medicine.

Am I the only person who thinks this guy should have his license pulled, he willfully sought on multiple occasions to injure other people...a direct violation of his hypocratic oath...there should be a letter writing campaign towards this end to the AMA.

Here are the AMA's core values as listed on their website;

Mission:
To promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health.

Core Values:

Leadership
Excellence
Integrity and Ethical Behavior.
Vision:
To be an essential part of the professional life of every physician.

The American Medical Association helps doctors help patients by uniting physicians nationwide to work on the most important professional and public health issues.
To that end, I recommend reviewing the AMA guidelines for making a complaint here;

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/physician-resources/medical-ethics/code-medical-ethics/frequently-asked-questions.shtml

...and then submitting a written letter to the California State medical board at the following address;

Medical Board of California
2005 Evergreen St, Ste 1200
Sacramento, CA 95815
(916) 263-2389
(916) 263-2387 Fax
www.medbd.ca.gov

If you like, copy and paste the following into the body of your letter for submittal to the California Medical Board for review;

Medical Board of California
Judicial Board of Inquiry
2005 Evergreen St, Ste 1200
Sacramento, CA 95815

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I would like to bring to your attention the actions of one of your members one Dr Christopher Thompson of Brentwood California, former Head of Medical Services at Beverly Hospital. I would like to request a judicial review of his actions and subsequent incarceration for injuring two cyclists on Mandeville Canyon Road in California.

This incident has become a "lightning rod" in the cyclist community due to it being commonplace on our nations roads, as an avid bicyclist I can tell you I have met drivers like Dr Thompson on several occasions. I can also tell you as a licensed driver in my home State I share the roads with fellow bicyclists without endangering their lives.

It is my opinion that Dr Thompson is unfit to perform his duties as a medical doctor due to his obvious lack of compassion for human life and subsequent court statements where he purjured himself regarding his recorded actions. It is likely that incarceration is insufficient a punishment for this individual since he has shown a lack of remorse for the consequences of his actions to those who could be considered his possible patients in California.

It would go without saying that intentional actions to harm a human being goes against the hippocratic oath he swore to uphold when he received his license to practice as a medical doctor in California. Dr Christopher Thompson has been convicted in a court of law for his actions and I request that to be reflected in his status as a medical doctor through a judicial inquiry.

Failure to impress upon your membership the serious consequences of perpetuating personal injuries to the public with intent to harm such as Dr Christopher Thompson has performed would lead to further breakdown in trust to those it serves. Various State and National bicyling societies and professional organizations will be watching carefully the actions of your association to punish Dr Thomson, I can assure you that the number of solicitations you receive with this letterhead or body of content is a small fraction of those actually concerned with the outcome of your inquiry.

In conclusion, it would be unfair to those he has injured through his actions to merely suspend his license for the duration of his incarceration, a complete suspension of his rights and responsibilities as a Medical Doctor in the State of California for impetuity should be the only outcome to your investigation.

Respectfully yours,

X__________________

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.