Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the contact point dial has an arrow on it and says "Contact In" which to me indicates that turning the dial in the direction of the arrow should firm up the lever feel - however the dial has the opposite effect. No biggie right, just set it to feel good and forget it, however on the bleeding instructions say to back off the reach adjust all the way opposite the direction of the arrow.

This seems counter-intuitive to me since most brakes are bled with the bite adjust at the loosest setting not the firmest.. thoughts?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Meh not so sure they know, it is sram after all.. mixed results at best. I certainly could be misreading the IN, perhaps they are referring to the lever engaging lower to the bar?

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Meh not so sure they know, it is sram after all.. mixed results at best. I certainly could be misreading the IN, perhaps they are referring to the lever engaging lower to the bar?
Yes, that is what they are saying. Always hated it myself, as that's the way all of the Avid brakes with pad contact adjust have been. Crazy how companies like to create ambiguity with their instruction terminology....too help out your LBS maybe, (create work for them?). I have a few rides on my RSC's and really like them....except for that dead area before the pads make contact. Very good feel in modulation strength for myself though. Hope they hold up on Snowshoe, (fingerz X'd).

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,344 Posts
That's why I bought the RS..the less dials the better but I need that reach adjust!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.