Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Im new to this forum and im hoping for some guidance/advice as im in the process of getting a new bike and i'm finding it difficult to choose between them for various reasons,i.e some spec is better etc.
I really would appreciate any feedback on these three,

Specialized epic ,enduro and Giant Nrs 1.

My head says the epic 03 model nearly £500 cheaper than the other two, and this has not helped the matter as i was split between the enduro and nrs.
The epic doesn't appear to have that many complimentary reports so i'm hoping that with all your experience and knowledge you can help?

I do a mixture of riding,sometimes alot can be on road then other days it'll be all countryside and woodland.I previously had a r/hopper and would now like to lean towards fsr.

Thankyou

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Well as far as I know the Epic is more of a race oriented fs bike and has won at least one major race. The Enduro has a really nice 5" of travel front and rear with Hayes disc brakes among other nice features. A couple of friends have them and are very happy. The only thing I know about the Giant is that it is well thought of and many people really like the bang for the buck.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hey those are some nice bikes... If I had to guess you have a budget of about 2500 right? It would be easier to help if you can mention what you like to ride best.... in My .02 I would say the S. Epic is the best for a XC racing bike, trails.... the enduro is the better pick if your not racing. the epic is better then the giant nrs in the fact that the technology is better...these two bikes are full on race xc bikes... personaly I wouldnt go with any of them as I like jumping and downhill..

For what it's worth

For XC Racing- Spec. Epic is hands-down one of the best in the class
Trail Riding- I'd have to say the Santa Cruz Heckler or Jamis Dakkar 2.0 is hard to beat
Aggressive trail riding light Freeride- Banshee Chapperal, Santa Cruz Bullit
Freeride/ downhill- Banshee Scream, Santa cruz VP Free, intense m1, Foes Fly. Demo 9, v 10

I dont know if this helps... Since you really cant go wrong with the bikes you picked I'd get the one that has Local Bike shop support which helps when you needs parts/ work done or warranty issues.
I own a Banshee Chapperal that I use for everything except commuting which I delagate to a road bike....

·
Registered
77 Posts
The epic and nrs are designed for racing, neither one is very plush, but if thats what your looking for then hey. The enduro, on the other hand, is more of an all mountain bike. I'd say that first decide what kind of riding you want to do and go from there. There's plenty of great bikes out there once you decide what you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts