Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Banned
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just landed an old school mountain bike. A few spec clues before I post pics.

Frame: Tange MTB DB (pink sticker)
Fork: Spinner Chromoly with forged ends threaded
Stem: 25 degree Chromoly with internal roller painted to match the frame
Hbar: 6 degree chromoly
Headset: Hatta Vesta 1" threaded
Front Brake: Dia Compe 984 Cantilever black
Rear Brake: Dia Compe U-brake black
Brake Levers: Dia Compe 292
Wheels: Suntour XCD hubs laced the Araya RM20 ano rims 7 speed cassette
Frt Derailleur: Suntour XCD
Rear Derailleur: Suntour XCD
Shifters: Suntour 7spd Thumb
BB: Hatta cup type with square taper spindle
Crank: Sugino XCD
Tires are not original and it didn't come with a post and saddle.

Any guesses?
I'll pst some pics in a couple hours.

·
defender of bad taste
1,600 Posts
Well the frame/fork/stem/rims sounds identical to low to mid-range late 80s to early 90s Marins, but every Marin I ever owned was Shimano equipped, so I'm thinking early steel TREK, antelope maybe?

·
Banned
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
singletracktourist said:
Hmmm. Lets see a Hatta bb and headset... could possibly be one of about 50 mid grade taiwanese production bikes from about 1988. sounds pretty exciting.
Your warming up.

·
Banned
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guessing Game pics...

These pics may help but not likely much. You guys that worked in shops back then may be able to get it off the stem picture. Sorry about the poor pic quality....nighttime pictures in the basement.

Attachments

·
Certified Bike Junkie
1,747 Posts
add photo

gm1230126 said:
Muddybuddy, you are on to something there. What did you just pick up?
GT should have been the first guess just based on your history. Mine is a 1990 Outpost. It appears to be all original down to the skinwall 1.5" tires and gs200 drivetrain. I thought about posting pictures but it is so low end that I was embarassed to show it here. I had been looking around for a while for a pre triple-triangle GT. Found this one at a pawn shop. If it wasn't for the fact that this is the first large size frame I've seen, I probably would have passed but the price was right. I always thought they stopped making this style frame by 1990 but I guess the kept it on the low end bikes through that year. Anyway, should be a good trailer puller.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.