Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picowatt, What are your height and inseam measurements?
5'10" with 33 inseam
The GG charts had me in between a size 2 long and a size 3 short. I opted for the size 3 and a shorty stem to let me get a bit rowdier on the descents.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I’m 6’2” with a 34” ( actually 33.8) inseam. GG has me between a size 3 long and 4 short. I was curious if you were the same and to see if you upsized or downsized. Thanks again and enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I’m 6’2” with a 34” ( actually 33.8) inseam. GG has me between a size 3 long and 4 short. I was curious if you were the same and to see if you upsized or downsized. Thanks again and enjoy the new ride!
You can confidently go with a size 4 in the long position, just run a shorter (~40mm) stem if needed. I had dozens of clients on our GG Trail Pistolas this summer/fall, and everyone over 6'1" wanted the size 4.

BTW... a coil shock out back makes the Trail Pistol even more capable than it already is. I have a CC Inline Coil on mine and it's freakin' awesome.

GGCoil-1.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Me and my buddy Greg ride a Size 3 short, we're both 6' tall. We could ride in the long setting, but choose to ride it short for handling and comfort.

My buddy is 6'1", he likes a longer bike, so he got a Size 4 and rides it short.

It really depends on how stretched out you wanna be. GG bikes don't size small.

Of course the frames are out of stock, so there's gonna be a bit of a wait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts