Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heavy duty carbon main triangle, aluminum rear triangle, modular frame design, fits up 29 x 2.6/27.5 x 2.8, carbon and aluminum built in Colorado! Frame was only $2200 with a DPX2 shock.

Travel 140mm Plush/130mm Gravity
Chainstays 423mm
78 deg STA, 66 deg HTA (150mm fork)
473/483mm size 3 (large), headset is adjustable by 10mm!!
Two cup heights to adjust reach +/- 10mm
Internal frame mounts for one large and one small water bottle

I have mine set up with a Bomber CR Coil in plush mode, Bomber Z1 29"
fork with a Vorsprung Smashpot Coil set at 160mm, 27.5 x 2.8 DHF/HHR on i45 Scrapers, GX drivetrain (waiting on XT 12sp), TRP Quadiem brakes, Chromag cockpit, OneUp 210mm dropper.

I'm running a 29er fork so I have the option of swapping in 29" wheels, which raises B.B. to 360 for that extra rock clearance.

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Bicycle part

·
Premium Member
10,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Luv it, the Vorsprung Smashpot is awesome, and the Grip damper works really well.

I gave my Bomber Coil to a tuner, he hasn’t worked on it yet, might just leave it alone and get a MRP progressive coil.

I’ve only ridden the 29” wheels a couple times, but the 29” fork is working great for 27.5 wheels.

·
Registered
45 Posts
So have you tried the 29x2.6 option?
Reason i ask is that I'm lusting after a trail pistola.
However the trail pistol can accommodate 29x2.6 the trail pistola in 130 is limited to 29x2.4.
The Shredd Dog might be my next best option.
If I can run 29x2.8 and it still be stable and not wonky.
Ivr got a Kona big Honzo and a kona Honzo.
I do enjoy the 27.5x2.8 tire, I'm just concerned about maxxis making them in the future. Minion dhf/dhr is a great setup.
I'm look at a rekon for the rear ( less rolling resistance)
So I'm looking at 29x2.6 and specialized purgatory/butcher seems good.
I'm building up a set of 29 wheels for the purpose of running my big Honzo with 29x2.6. My Honzo (2016) wouldn't work with that in the rear.
Thanks Ben

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.