Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Keep pedaling...
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed up to check out Guelph Lake with L0RAX (Chris) on Wednesday. Forecast wasn't looking promising, but it turned out to be a perfect day! No rain, and sunny and about 20 degrees. Good times!

Chris popped his over-the-bars cherry when we came upon a surprise bridge. Luckily the landing was all wet and mushy, which allowed me to continue my laughter. Chris man, the look on your face when you saw that bridge was absolutely priceless - I'll never forget it.

Felt amazing to be able to ride without bug spray for once.

Thanks Chris for supplying the food - pasta salad was kick-ass! Also I'm sorry for destroying the interior of your car with that juice. I feel bad about that one - if you want me to pay for a detailing job I will.

I'm too tired/lazy to actually post the day's photos, but we took the SLR and came up with some good ones - feel free to take a look:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulster2626/sets/72157605713761167/

Definitely going to go back there for some action later in the season. A 10/10 riding day.:thumbsup:

·
Avenger of Evil
577 Posts
Hey ... I was there Wednesday. I think I remember seeing you two.
I was the guy doing "sweep" with a bunch of kids. We had the GORBA youth ride at Guelph Lake on Wednesday evening. Nine kids that are as fast as me.:eekster: :D :thumbsup:

·
Keep pedaling...
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MacGiv'er said:
paulster2626, for anyone who has not been there before, is this where you guys started from: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=43.56322,-80.270308&spn=0.002775,0.004678&t=h&z=18 ... then just go North to find the trails?

Also, are the good sections easy to find without a trailmap and how long a trail is it?

Thanks.
Yes that is where we started from - trails are about 3.5km from there. You head east, keeping the river on your right, then cross the bridge and continue heading east, but now the water is on your left. You'll then cross Victoria Road, and the trails begin from there.

There are enough trails to explore all day. Pretty well marked, GORBA does a good job there!

Beautiful spot, too.

·
Keep pedaling...
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1440Brad said:
Hey ... I was there Wednesday. I think I remember seeing you two.
I was the guy doing "sweep" with a bunch of kids. We had the GORBA youth ride at Guelph Lake on Wednesday evening. Nine kids that are as fast as me.:eekster: :D :thumbsup:
Really? All we saw was one other rider coming down the muddy rocky trail. Really the only spot with mud in the area.

Was that you?

·
Avenger of Evil
577 Posts
paulster2626 said:
Really? All we saw was one other rider coming down the muddy rocky trail. Really the only spot with mud in the area.

Was that you?
Na. It must have been 2 other guys that look like you two.;)
You would have noticed me ... I was at the end of a group of 14 riders, most under 10 years old.:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.