Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Is the bike OK?
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my wife down Guaje Ridge today for her first time ever. We rode our SX Trails so the techy stuff would be a lot easier and she loved the ride! I put SPD pedals on my bike and forgot I had Crank Bro.s clips on my shoes :madman: but the clips held in OK on the descents and only made for difficult climbing. It was a casual cruise on a beautiful day so I took a lot of pictures. The trail was in excellent condition :thumbsup: with only four down trees in one small area near the end of the trail. I heard there were locust thorn bushes so we took armor but we ended up only needing the knee armor because they weren't very high yet. Hope you enjoy the pics:

Son Ben took us up to the ski hill in his (tecnically my) new truck. I just noticed his Silverton shirt he was wearing matches the stickers we just put on the back windows:
Guaje1_BenTruck.jpg

Canada Bonita:
Guaje2_CanadaBonita.jpg

Kristin on first descent:
Guaje3_KristinDescent.jpg

Kristin on Pipeline climb (neither one of us made it on the pig bikes):
Guaje4_KristinClimb.jpg

View of Pajarito Ski Area:
Guaje5_PajaritoView.jpg

Kristin on Pipeline (lots of Aspens!):
Guaje6_KristinPipeline.jpg

View of Guaje Canyon:
Guaje7_View.jpg

Kristin in the trees:
Guaje8_KristinTrees.jpg

Me on a small climb:
Guaje9_Neal.jpg

Los Alamos Townsite View:
Guaje10_TownSite.jpg

·
No no...the OTHER LA.
342 Posts
Thanks for the report Neal! I haven't been down GR yet this year - hope to fix that soon.

I always take three bears out, adding cabra down to rendija and having to climb out is a bit much. You guys are animals!

·
Is the bike OK?
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RichardinLA said:
I always take three bears out, adding cabra down to rendija and having to climb out is a bit much. You guys are animals!
When you get to the end of Guaje and Cabra's right there, it's hard to pass it up :D ! That and you probably climb Quemazon/Pipeline to start it off instead of cheating from the ski hill like we did ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts