Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fyi -

For those interested in Sycamore Canyon (Ventura County), I rode up Guadalasco yesterday. The bottom half or so has been cleared pretty well....but the top approximate half has still not been touched.

I rode down Backbone Sunday and had a hard time even seeing the trail in spots...definitely not touched, at least not top part. My friend who I rode with emailed me saying he is breaking out from what looks like poison oak from that ride so either I got lucky or am just not affected by it but be warned nonetheless.

cheers

·
Registered
817 Posts
forget the PO

I was on Guadalsco last Friday, just before the trail work. wasn't the PO so much as the stinging thistle or whatever that plant/weed is called with purple flower and the needle like prickles that go straight thru gloves, etc. That was overgrown everywhere and pretty painful. Had to keep the fingers tucked behind the brakes most of the time.

FYI ... coming down on Wood Canyon Vista trail is short but in great shape right now, a lot of fun.

·
Registered
74 Posts
stinging thistle

YEp, i rode the same trail and ran into a farm of stinging thistle, it was like a bee stings, if you stack in there you are toast, hey, burner, did you enter from the valley side, is the new entrance built yet?

damn, compared to the stinging stuff, it makes PO like a chamomile tea leaf

I did see a lion track on the trail, my riding buddy things it was a coyote, i disagree.

see ya

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.