Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm moving to Markham soon (warden/hwy 7 area) and was wondering if there are any good riding trails nearby? I tried searching with google maps and there doesn't appear to be anything but I was hoping someone knew of something. I have a car so I'm not opposed to driving somewhere if there's a worthwhile trail a bit further away.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't live in Markham but visit regularly. Not sure about outdoor trails as I haven't spent a weekend there to explore, but you can look up Joyride 150 for some indoor skill building, and in the winter this is probably your only option.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Raveshoe and is about 30 minutes way max depending on traffic. Durham/Walker Woods/Glen Majors are probably about 30 minutes away too.
Head north on the 404 and then east for both spots. I sometimes take the 407 to Durham, but I live downtown so that's my excuse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's some sites, things to consider:

durhammountainbiking.ca

is a great club, and you can find people to ride with if you're interested. There's also some maps on the site.

racekingcity.ca

There's a race series here. A small loop of trails but still fun. The site has a map on how to find them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts