Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Drink...sleep
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a crosspost from the GT forum, but thought it might be better to put it up here as well. :)

I'm looking for a cheap hardtail to complement my C'dale Prophet and to have an extra bike my friends can ride on. I came by this second hand GT Zaskar. The guy's asking 500 euro's ($650), which I think is a bit much. I'd thought of offering 400 euros. But I thought I'd get some expert advice first, especially with all the different versions of the Zaskar floating around (USA, Taiwan and whatnot) :) What'd you think it's worth? Thanks a lot for any indication!

Here are some pics:

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Bike looks clean

From the pics it looks like the bike is in great shape. here in the States, the value isn't that great. If dogonfr was selling this bike at $425, I'd offer $375 and settle at $400. Not sure what the European market is like, so I can't really judge the value over there.

Bob

·
Registered
115 Posts
Double check the GT forum. They know a lot more than me, but I know the mid to late 90's zaskars have a flat-butted top tube behind the seatpost. The rounded (which is what appears to be in the pic) are usually the Avalance or lower. This may have changed, but I know I got burned a couple of years ago by a guy who swapped decals. Good luck!

Check out this thread for some more info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.