Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I currently have a Carbon Mongoose Metorite frame that I love but I broke the derailluer hangar a month ago. Performance is having problems locating a new hangar since they don't make that frame anymore. They asked if I would be ok with having the frame replaced with a 2010 GT Zaskar carbon frame. I know back in the 90's GT was the race bike everyone wanted. Is this a light frame that would be good for racing?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I would think it's an OK frame, although I don't own it. Some fellow members here built it up with lightweight parts and still came in about 25lb. So it doesn't seem like a super light weight. Also I recall seat tube cracks posted in this forum a couple of times, you may want to look for them just to see what's up with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So they couldn't find a replacement derailleur hangar for my Mongoose so they gave me a new 2010 GT Zaskar Carbon Team with full XTR. Haven't had a chance to ride it yet but tomorrow morning is looking good.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
962 Posts
There's a guy in here somewhere that has his Carbon Zaskar down to 18 lbs. I'd say that's pretty light indeed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts