Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

A little confused here, I understand that GT in the past, has produced the Xizang and the Lightning frames. But its listed here that GT also produced a frame called the "Xiang Frame". Is this correct?

Thanks folks.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
kohjohnsg said:
Hi guys,

A little confused here, I understand that GT in the past, has produced the Xizang and the Lightning frames. But its listed here that GT also produced a frame called the "Xiang Frame". Is this correct?

Thanks folks.
From what I understand......the Lightning was sold as a complete bike, while the Xizang was sold only as a frameset. Other than that, these were the only 2 mtb Ti frame that GT made. The Xiang frame was probably just a typo for someone posting a review.

·
Registered
74 Posts
nope

kohjohnsg said:
Hi guys,

Thanks folks.
only those two where mtb ti frames made by gt

xizang (made in us) and lightning (overseas)had :
different prices(expensive-cheap),
buing options (frame later wholebike - just the whole bike)
production years ( from 1990 till 99/2000 - just in 1997)
colours (shiny polished until 99/00 when it had the white team look - only brushed )

guess you mean the "1991 xizang" frame. in 1991 and 1992 the commonly known gt ti frame was named "xizang LE" because in 1991 there was also a "xizang" mtb frame, made of a ti front end and a bolt-on fillet brazed cromo rear. quite rare since it was made only one year and is (apart from the looks) an odd ti frame because of its weight...

pic the left one sorry for the bad quality...:

https://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/500/medium/DSC003471.JPG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.