Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.
I am wondering if someone with a 2009/2010 GT Sanction would be interested in swapping + (plus cash) their bottom bracket and crankset with me. I want to go with a dual ring setup because of all the climbing I've been doing lately. I was told by a GT dealer this would be the easiest way to get to do. It's off my 2010 GT Sanction 1.0. Let me know.

Thanks.
Scot

·
Registered
302 Posts
I don't understand. You're saying the Hammerschmidt isn't working for you? It's built to mimic the drive ratio of something like a 36/22 isn't it? I would be interested but it sounds like it wouldn't be doing much for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea it's not working for me, but it might be perfect for someone who wants to upgrade. Just putting the feelers out there. Going to stay with it for the time being until I can figure out a different route. Are you on a Sanction on too?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2008 GT Sanction 3.0 bike from Performance which is lacking the rear shock and mounting hardware, but otherwise complete. I'm an employee, so the price was right. Nevertheless, I need to track down a shock along with mounting bolts and spacers. I'm thinking of upgrading to Fox DHX 3.0. No problem finding the shock, but hardware probably needs to be ordered from GT. Anybody know who to contact and how to proceed?

Once I've replaced these parts, I plan to sell the bike because its a large frame size and I ride a medium. Anybody who's looking for a new GT Sanction 3.0 (never ridden), please contact me at [email protected]. Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well if you're an employee. Could you check on how much a bottom bracket runs for Sanction 3.0? :) thanks.

·
Registered
962 Posts
If yo go to the Gt website there is a link that takes you to some PDF or excel files with part numbers for links and stuff for the new style I-drives and other manuals. You may find what you are looking for in there. No guarantees you'll find what you're looking for but it's worth a shot. here's the link.

http://www.gtbicycles.com/usa/eng/Manuals

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well I went ahead and dropped the hammer on a SLX crankset and BB. I found a shop that was competent enough to take on the job. I'll try and sell the hammerschmidt when it's off the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts