Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with a GT Peace 9'r, the older model with eccentric BB, would you do me a favour and measure the distance from the rear axle to the seat tube?
I've got the 26" model, I'm looking at fitting some 700c rims for commuting, if I can find out how much clearance I've got for a skinny tyre.
I know 29er wheels with big fat MTB tyres won't fit.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
720 Posts
I don't have a Peace but I do have a Zaskar 26er that I mounted 700c wheels with cross tires for commuting. They fit with no problem at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts
cockroach said:
Anyone with a GT Peace 9'r, the older model with eccentric BB, would you do me a favour and measure the distance from the rear axle to the seat tube?
I've got the 26" model, I'm looking at fitting some 700c rims for commuting, if I can find out how much clearance I've got for a skinny tyre.
I know 29er wheels with big fat MTB tyres won't fit.
:thumbsup:
I own a Peace 9'r and can hae a look if you explain exactly which distance you're talking about (min distance or distance at the bottom bracket etc...) but I don't quite understand why you need it.
If your goal is to install a 29" wheel in a 26" frame you already own then you only need to measure your frame and ask what is the diameter of a fitted 29" wheel.
Since you mention skinny tyres, you just have to go to your nearest LBS and measure the diameter of a road wheel.
I would tend to say it should not be an issue as long as the tyre is skinny.
But what year is you Peace 26" ? because my Peace 9'r does not have disc brakes mounts. If it is the case for you, that should be the issue.
Eric

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,
A bit of a stupidly phrased question, but I knew what I meant!
I've since found a site which lists overall diameters of different rim/tyre combinations:
http://www.ctc.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=3802
So, my current 26"x2.1" will have about the same overall diameter as a 700x28 or 700x32.
My Peace is a 2008 model, 26" with disc brakes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
doesn't the distance from the rear axle to the seat tube varies? depending on the size (S,M,L, XL)? if so, what size is your 2008 26" Peace with disc brakes?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sweeney said:
I don't have a Peace but I do have a Zaskar 26er that I mounted 700c wheels with cross tires for commuting. They fit with no problem at all.
hey just wondering if you could get a closer picture of the rear brake as i'm working on doing the same set up to an old GF paragon frame and am trying to figure out how to mount up a rear V brake on the 700c wheels

1 - 7 of 7 Posts