Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
I broke my Frame of my GT LTS 1996 18Inches last week during "regular" riding. Does anybody knows where I can get this part? Will be hard to find for a 10year old bike but I will try it to repair my bike I really like...
And has someone any idea how the new owner of GT handles broken frames and other warranty problems of bikes from the old GT?

Attachments

·
mtbr "member"
719 Posts
not sure your warantee will help

frei said:
Hi guys.
I broke my Frame of my GT LTS 1996 18Inches last week during "regular" riding. Does anybody knows where I can get this part? Will be hard to find for a 10year old bike but I will try it to repair my bike I really like...
And has someone any idea how the new owner of GT handles broken frames and other warranty problems of bikes from the old GT?
You may be out of luck with the warrantee. I doubt they'd have any 10 yr old parts laying around. More so, not sure how long the warrantee lasts. Dorel corp that owns GT seems to be honoring most "old" warrantees.

As for replacement parts, keep an eye out on ebay. I've actually seen LTS, STS parts for swing arms and pivots on ebay every so often. Not regularly but I do notice them since I used to own an LTS and loved it too, those auctions just get my attention.

Good luck

REEK

·
nobody
490 Posts
That's a shame...

frei said:
Hi guys.
...that's a sweet ride. I'm pretty sure when your bike should have a lifetime warranty but since GT isn't the same company they were in the 90's you may be out of luck. It would be worth a try though. But what Reek said about ebay is right on. I've seen old LTS frames go for less than 100 but now it's spring it's probably more of a sellers market. Just keep your eyes open.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.