Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone provide me with some advice.

I have an old GT LTS-3 with the elastic rear shock that I picked up for £50. It's a lovely bike and one that I had 10 years ago before it got stolen. When I saw it for sale I just had to get it. One of the best bike i'd ever owned.

It has some old Judy Shox that I think need to be replaced. These are 80MM currently and to service them will cost £75. Is it worth it or should I replace. Are these lighter than new Darts? I've been told the DArt would the be the new equivalent.

Will 100MM work on my frame and not ruin the ride, as i've been looking int the Dart 3 with Pop Lock, or can someone else suggest a better option or this classic bike.

My budget is $150 max but i'd prefer cheaper if possible but I dont want anything too heavy that will ruin the bike.

Thank in advance

Simon

·
Registered
638 Posts
I think spending money on a 13 year old Judy is a waste of money.

I had a 1997 LTS-1 and I put a 120mm Marzocchi MX Pro on it. It did slacken the head angle a bunch, but I liked the result.

I rode it for a year, then replaced the whole bike.

100mm should work fine. Can't comment on the Dart, but a Tora 318 would be much better than a Dart.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,913 Posts
13 year old Judys are as light as new Rebas. BUT they're nowhere near as stiff nor do they perform as well. Darts weigh a good pound more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts