Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

im am searching for a manual of the GT LTS. Who can send a copy by e-mail?? Is there a description to check the bearing?? It is the first time, that i must grease them.

thx for answers

·
nothing too modern for me
39 Posts
gt-heini said:
Hello,

im am searching for a manual of the GT LTS. Who can send a copy by e-mail?? Is there a description to check the bearing?? It is the first time, that i must grease them.

thx for answers
Hi there, i have manuals for the entire 98 full suspension lineup, from the lobo down to the LTS 5000, if you let me know which LTS you have i will scan in the pages you need as soon as i can.
if you do not know the model add an image of you bike and i will try and identify it and again scan the relevant parts of the maunual.

Cheers,

Spline72

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spline72 said:
Hi there, i have manuals for the entire 98 full suspension lineup, from the lobo down to the LTS 5000, if you let me know which LTS you have i will scan in the pages you need as soon as i can.
if you do not know the model add an image of you bike and i will try and identify it and again scan the relevant parts of the maunual.

Cheers,

Spline72
thx for the quick response :thumbsup:

my bike is a GT LTS 3000 DS with a Rock Shox Super deluxe rear shock and a Rock Shox Duke XC

·
39 Posts
ok, i will try and sort this for you by the weekend, i will have to find a spare moment when work is a bit quiet , then i will do it.

Keep on my case if you havent heard from me by the weekend.:D

·
Ogden Utah
84 Posts
Hey Dean..........Can you please include me as well........98 3000 LTS.........If its emailable let me know & ill PM you........Mr Heini;) & I are in the same boat, we both have the original pivot bushings.......Your help may keep me in the saddle vs buying a new bike...........Cheers................Joe:thumbsup:

·
39 Posts
i have dug out the manual, will put it in my work bag tomorrow , i will try to save it as a PDF in a good quality at some point this week.
if you both want to give me your emails or MSN's i could get it to you that way.
might be the easiest.
I wasn thinking of setting up a database of GT LTS,STS and LOBO maintainance guides and also A ROCK SHOX front , rear shock & ROCK SHOX DISC BRAKE section in my gallery.

what do you think.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I kind of miss my LTS3000 from '98. Had the brushed alluminum, Indy XC and I eventually threw a Risse rear shock on it. Aside from a rear weld bust and bushings that lasted 4 minutes I loved that bike. My first "real" ride.

matt

·
39 Posts
skamatt23 said:
I kind of miss my LTS3000 from '98. Had the brushed alluminum, Indy XC and I eventually threw a Risse rear shock on it. Aside from a rear weld bust and bushings that lasted 4 minutes I loved that bike. My first "real" ride.

matt
YOU STILL GOT THE RISSE SHOCK, I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN BUYING IT IF SO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey mr. spline72, i know this is an old tread but it is worth a try. I was recently purchased a 1998 GT LTS-3000 DS frame and i was wondering if you still have the manual you provided the gentlemen above? It sux that the original GT makers went under cuz i am a huge GT fan..so i thought i would buy this frame and re-build it. GT's just aren't the same anymore. I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me out. Thanks!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Spare parts for the 1998 GT-LTS 3000 DS frame

Hey all, does anyone happen to know where I can purchase parts for a 1998 GT LTS-3000 DS frame? GT bikes just aren't the same anymore after the buy out from Brunswick therefore, i appreciate the older GT bikes from the late 90's. If anyone can help me out..i would greatly appreciate it! Many thanks!

·
39 Posts
GT_flip said:
hey mr. spline72, i know this is an old tread but it is worth a try. I was recently purchased a 1998 GT LTS-3000 DS frame and i was wondering if you still have the manual you provided the gentlemen above? It sux that the original GT makers went under cuz i am a huge GT fan..so i thought i would buy this frame and re-build it. GT's just aren't the same anymore. I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me out. Thanks!!
Hi there,
Sorry I havent replied i have been out of the country for my brothers wedding, I do have the manual as a PDF somewhere but it is also in the thread linked above my reply.

Hope it helps you.

·
Banned
2,989 Posts
GT_flip said:
Hey all, does anyone happen to know where I can purchase parts for a 1998 GT LTS-3000 DS frame? GT bikes just aren't the same anymore after the buy out from Brunswick therefore, i appreciate the older GT bikes from the late 90's. If anyone can help me out..i would greatly appreciate it! Many thanks!
Get the facts straight. GT was never bought out by Brunswick. It was the Schwinn ownership group that bought them first then Pacific Cycle and their current parent is the Cycling Sports Group of Dorel Industries

·
Banned
2,989 Posts
GT_flip said:
ok well the facts that i speak of were from what i read off of google...in 2004 "brunswick" bought out mongoose, "GT", and including schwinn.
More internet facts.......You need to check your internet facts again. Yes at one time Brunswick owned both AMF(cheap bikes) and Mongoose. Pedaled Mongoose off to Pacific in 2001 according to wiki. Schwinn/GT became part of Pacific on 9/11/01 very historic date.
GT was never ever owned by Brunswick or Mongoose...just a sister brand at Pacific for a few years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
yes..ur right. well at least now i know the real history of GT..got out of biking for quite a while and recently got back into it and learned they hit a stump somewhere along the line and went under..thank you for the info btw.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.