Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Id Xc 2.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI,
Anyone riden one of these? Any comments of suggestions? I had a 1999 Zaskar I loved, but of course, it cracked at the seat weld. I love the way GT's ride and fit me but am wary of another because of the cracked frame....but, there are some good deals on this particular model now so I am considering it....any comments appreciated!! peace, eek

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
eekaboig said:
2004 Id Xc 2.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI,
Anyone riden one of these? Any comments of suggestions? I had a 1999 Zaskar I loved, but of course, it cracked at the seat weld. I love the way GT's ride and fit me but am wary of another because of the cracked frame....but, there are some good deals on this particular model now so I am considering it....any comments appreciated!! peace, eek
Haven't ridden one, but they are said to be good. But be careful about running your seatpost to high, I saw one of the bikes completely ruined cause of someone riding someone elses bike with the seatpost at full height. But this would happen to any bike:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive had one for about 5months. It has good brakes and suspension. The swing arm dog bones can get loose. Mine did and the swing arm cracked. Gt fixed it under warranty but it took 4 weeks. Overall I am still pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, I have decided not to go with the GT because of all the action there in the bb and what a pain getting replacements are....and that they are in turmoil-the company-and fear it may get even harder to get components.... i will continue with my search. peace, eek

·
Registered
131 Posts
horst link suspension also good

eekaboig said:
thanks, I have decided not to go with the GT because of all the action there in the bb and what a pain getting replacements are....and that they are in turmoil-the company-and fear it may get even harder to get components.... i will continue with my search. peace, eek
you might want to try a horst link bike. i used to ride an i-drive, which pedaled very well, but recently got a turner 5 spot, which pedals just as well or better, especially over techinical terrain. the turner burner, a more cross country oriented trail bike, is now on sale for 950 which is a great deal.

good luck in your bike search...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts