Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I wasnt sure where to post this so i posted here and the GT section. Anways i recently purchased this frame just because i have never seen a frame like it. I was told it was a prototype test bike that GT had made just before they came out with the first Idrive bikes.I was told by the guy that this is one of ten frames made before the idrive actually came out. Any input or information you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

·
Schipperkes are cool.
4,170 Posts
The rear end has been replaced with an 1999 blue version, the front triangle most likely is pre-retail. as the retail frames never had a curved seat tube.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I got ahold of GT and here is there response. They said it looks to be an early prototype from 97-98 and that they only made between 5-10 of these frames at the Santa Ana facility. Pretty cool piece of history i guess. Looks like ill be hanging it on the wall for now. Maybe ill get some graffiti remover and take off that black paint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.