Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I got bitten by the full suspension bug a couple of weeks ago after going to a Titus demo day and riding a motolite and racer X. Unfortunately these are way out of my price range at around three grand. Initially thought about spending around 800 bucks but after looking around feel that I need to spend about 1200 or so to get something solid brand new.
I am debating between a leftover 2005 GT I Drive XC 2.0, an Iron Horse Azure sport, and a Specialized FSR XC. I live in the Southeast and do mostly single track riding and lots of fire roads with some fairly difficult stretches of uphill. Lots and lots of roots and rocks, etc. All of these bikes are within $100 of each other and are in LBS stores. The one advantage of either the GT or the Iron Horse is that I would be purchasing at Performance Bike so I would get a credit of 10% of the total I spend in store credit (to be used for accessories, etc.) and free lifetime adjustments. Obviously a 10% credit on a sum of around $1200 is a nice chunk of change. The Specialized FSR XC would be purchased at another LBS, wherein I do not get 10% credit and I only get adjustments for one year. I have test ridden them all and they all feel great, but as I only get to ride them in store parking lots it is very difficult to know what to expect out on the trails.
I want to minimize pedal bob as much as possible. I have been riding hardtails for a couple of years (currently on an Iron Horse Warrior Comp). It would be great if any of you folks could share your knowledge, wisdom, and opinions regarding these models. Thanks!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am also looking at these three.
I haven't seen anyone mention the Iron Horse Azure Sport that Performance is offering. I see the '05 Azure Comp offered on line for $1300 and was wondering how this compares with the Azure Sport offered by Performance for $ 1300 (they have the '06 Azure Comp for $2k).
I haven't seen anyone post anything on this board about the Azure Sport and was just wondering what everyone's opinions/thoughts were about these three bikes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.