Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
I dig it.... a lot.

In the article it says it was built with strength and durability in mind and not about lightweight... they even tested it will a ball peen hammer and supposedly it stayed strong.

·
Thunder Chunky
1,752 Posts
Love the look of it...maybe its just me but it looks like you could break that crankset off pretty easily, maybe not though (doesnt look like its attatched to the frame by much)

·
Banned
316 Posts
and I quote :

"Many carbon fiber frames have been designed in the past to be lightweight, and when they are designed to be light, they can fail easily if improperly used, leading to the misconception that carbon fiber is a weak material."

If improperly used? Like what as a diving board? No thanks.

·
I am a pathetic rider...
644 Posts
Air shock + Carbon Fiber =/= Downhill
looks like a very sexy bike, but Carbon fiber and an air shock on a "downhill" sled?? then again, if carbon fiber can sustain 150mph into a concrete barrier (F1) then I suppose it should be able to handle DH. but an Air shock :confused:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't know what the problem wityh you guys and CF. CF and AL same part, same strenght CF will be lighter. There is a reasson that F1 race car are built from CF and not AL. The big Airbus plane is 80% CF and not AL. Fighter planes and helicopters guees what???...... CF.
Sports cars: Enzo, Zonda Pagani, Lamborghini... even our own Corvette Z06 and now more on the new ZR1 have more CF than AL.:madman:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.