Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a GT Force Carbon Expert and I love this bike, even with the 6 inch of travel it climbs sweet. The only thing is the rear brake line is routed on the outside the frame and then runs between the frame and the swing arm and get pinched there. Did anyone reroute the brake line to the outside or found a better solution ?

Fonse

·
Registered
70 Posts
This is a little bit of a problem area on these bikes. Zip tie the brake line to the rear derailleur cable just behind the seat tube to keep it in the larger gap and keep it from getting pinched. Leave the zip tie loop about 1.5-2", don't pull it completely tight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To help anyone looking at this thread for a solution I'm posting a solution that worked for me. In my case the gap between the swing arm and the seat stay is to narrow to let the brake line through when the rear shock is even slightly compressed. So I rerouted the brake line under the main pivot. You'll have to disconnect one end of the dog bone before removing the main pivot. Check out the image for the end result: IMG_20120609_212241_resize.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts