Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into a entry level hardtail and was looking at the Avalanche 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0. Does anyone know if the frames are identical in the three models. I was looking at the 2.0today at Performance and it was going for $499. If the frames are identical I was thinking of going for the 3.0 which was on sale for $399. I plan to use this as a second bike. As I upgrade componenets on my full suspension I was planning on migrating those components over to the Avalanche frame.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The frames are the same. Performance will put them on sale for 10 to 15 percent off pretty soon. I have a 2008 2.0 from Performance and had no probelms.I got mine for $425 on sale.

·
Registered
190 Posts
yes, I agree, if your heart is set on it why not get the bike with 10-15% off ...?

I think you can order online/phone and pick it up locally

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks KDlindl.

I'll wait for the Performance sale and go pick one up. How do you know they'll be going on sale.

·
Registered
190 Posts
10sballs said:
Thanks KDlindl.

I'll wait for the Performance sale and go pick one up. How do you know they'll be going on sale.
FYI. the current discount is 10% off on "Everything"(Online or Phone Orders Only, Coupon Code 516) make sure you can pick-up locally

http://www.performancebike.com/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts