Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a run-out 2007 S-works Enduro SL, got it for 50% off RRP so was a good deal :D However, before I've even managed to take it for a decent ride, it's already back in the shop under warranty; the rear shock won't hold any air pressure, it just leaks straight out the valve... most annoying :madmax:

Ah well, I did do my research before buying the bike and I knew there was a risk of issues with the '07 'Futureshock' range, but I was hoping I might dodge it :rolleyes: Specialized had better just swap my shock out for an '08 model (how do I check this has been done by the way?) I've also asked them to do the same for the fork so I hopefully don't face the same thing happening with it as well! (they should do this shouldn't they?)

I sure hope this bike lives up to my expectations when I finally get to take it for an 'enduro' style ride! ;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
The shop probably should have swapped out the fork and shock for '08 stuff before they sold it to you. You shouldn't have any issues with getting '08 stuff installed under warranty, it's been Specailized policy to swap out all the '07 stuff. Any problems and I'd send a PM to Speci Supsension Tech and he should be able to sort you out.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, tbh I'm a little annoyed they didn't do it to start with... I probably should've insisted on it. Hopefully all will be fine when I get it back on Thursday (the bike is being taken to Specialized HQ here in the UK to be sorted out especially, so it better be done right :) )

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah the 08 stuff should be fine, I've been on an 08 Enduro for over 4 months now, with no problems whatsoever after some pretty hard riding. The suspension really is good, just make sure you stick to the maintenance schedule and you should be sweet.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the bike is back, I have a new '09 rear shock and the E150 internals have been swapped out for new '08 bits... I also have blingin gold top caps on the E150 :)

Nice work Specialized, now to get this puppy set up and go for a ride :)

·
Now with More Wood
2,964 Posts
tensim said:
well the bike is back, I have a new '09 rear shock and the E150 internals have been swapped out for new '08 bits... I also have blingin gold top caps on the E150 :)

Nice work Specialized, now to get this puppy set up and go for a ride :)
Classic. Stick a pair of gold top caps on there, and hope the customer won't notice that you didn't really swap out the internals. Pffff. Can't believe you fell for that one, oldest trick in the book.

:D

JK.

Actually I'm just jealous because as a mere Comp owner I don't get any extra bling-bling thrown at me whenever I set foot in the shop. I'll be lucky if they remember to put all my parts back on before handing the bike back after service... :p

·
Registered
540 Posts
Tensim, I wouldn't worry. The 2008 parts are quality and have a more positive feel to them. My 07 Comp actually went in twice. When I first got it, the E150 fork would completely deflate overnight everytime I filled it up. This was even before they started doing 08 replacements. Even then I was taken care of. The shop took a cartridge out of one of the bikes they had on the floor and put it into mine. They sacrificed a possible sale for a few days while a new part came for their bike, all so that I could be out on the trail. I never had any leaking problems with the new part. But I did always feel that the 07 stuff was way too linear and didn't ramp up hardly at all. The 08 stuff is a huge improvement and as I said, gives the bike a more positive feel.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Iceman2058 said:
Classic. Stick a pair of gold top caps on there, and hope the customer won't notice that you didn't really swap out the internals. Pffff. Can't believe you fell for that one, oldest trick in the book.
I did think of that, but I guess I have to have trust and faith right :) I have the service report from Specialized so I'm sure it's been done right :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.