Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· emteebee
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we started out with two hardtails.

Trek 4500 and Specialized Hardrock Pro.

Then this christmas came and after 7+ months of being on hardtails my mother and I received full suspension bikes, a Trek Fuel Ex7 (mine) and a Trek Fuel Ex5 (mother's).

Now my dad has had a growing interest and has been biking a lot more with us. Today we added another full suspension to the stable, a Trek Fuel 70. It really feels great to know that the passion for mountain-biking just keeps on growing in our family.

Also, today I made the transformation to clipless pedals. I got multi-release cleats (sh56) and shimano spd m520 pedals. I also got some answer racing shoes.

Our family loves mountain-biking. :)

Here are some pics of our stable':

The New Fuel 70

Fuel Ex5 and Ex7

Fuel 70, Hardrock pro, 4500

New clipless pedals/shoes

· Registered
2,360 Posts
Nice growing collection! Hubby and I started out similarly in Aug 05. We each got Specialized FS bikes. A few months later I built up a cheap(er) SS bike, then he got a 1x9 29er bike. About 2 months ago I picked up a Salsa Dos Niner soft tail frame that we built up as a really light 1x9. Then he got a downhill bike. :) I think we need to stop buying bikes!

Congrats on the clipless. If you haven't tried it before -don't give up. You'll fall a few times your first few rides, but then it becomes second nature.

· Life is Good
1,492 Posts
Haha yea, those are wakeboards. That'd be a weird skateboard slowrdr :p

Glad to hear that your family has a growing passion! I've been sorta unlucky in that as long as I can remember, my family has never really liked to go outside and DO stuff. Ugh! Well, since last summer, my dad (adn sometimes my mom) have both taken up walking outside 3 miles a day and they've both lost so much weight and are no WAAAAAAAY more active. They are even talking about buying bikes! Sorry to hijack the thread, but I just wanted to share another feelgood story with everyone :)

· Registered
764 Posts
I like the bandolier of duck calls. Nice additions to the collection; that's cool that you're getting your fam into the sport. I keep badgering my parents, but I think it's a losing battle. It's lame too, because my dad used to be a hardcore roadie. I offered to buy a road bike so we could go out, but I guess he doesn't have the passion anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.