Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday AbeNitro and myself headed out for a Grouse Ridge adventure starting at the bottom of of FS17 and riding past Carr/Feeley to Crooked Lakes trail and then down to Grouse Ridge Trail via Sawmill Lake cutoff. From the Sawmill Lake cutoff all the way back to Round Lake we must have climbed over 100 dead trees. Some areas there were 5 or 6 trees that fell together over the trail making for a very tough portage...Grouse Ridge trail is a complete mess and totally unridable due to the amount of dead tress that fell in this years big winds. This route is usually pretty tuff but this was way over the top even by my standards. We survived and Abe forgave me for putting him through it. I am not sure his wife will let him play with me anymore though:p

There is a bit of snow left down there too....and the skeeters were viscious!

Do not...under any circumstances do this ride. Something is going to need to be done about the overwhelming amount of deadfall down in the GR basin...it will be an extreme fire hazard this year.

However...as previously posted on this board....the Blue Lake/Spaulding Lake trail loop is in great condition and well worth the effort.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Other trails clear?

Thanks for the beta BB. We had planned to do a Grouse Ridge Summit to Glacier lake to Sawmill Lake (and back) loop soon. We started at Grouse Ridge last time. Do you think Carr Lake/Glacier Lake/ Sawmill loop lake might be clear? As I recall that's all much lower -but many section pass through deep forest.

We dropped Grouse ridge years ago on hard tails -steep & deep!

thanks
-N

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.