Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking for some suggestions for some group rides out of Campbell. I know there are plenty of locals that have some great routes they take, and would love to turn more onto them. I am also looking to lead some rides out of the shop. There is a great pizza place and a burrito shop at the finish, luckily trying to stay warm burns more calories. Thanks for all the replies in advance. Shawn

·
Registered
723 Posts
Tread Shawn said:
So I am looking for some suggestions for some group rides out of Campbell. I know there are plenty of locals that have some great routes they take, and would love to turn more onto them. I am also looking to lead some rides out of the shop. There is a great pizza place and a burrito shop at the finish, luckily trying to stay warm burns more calories. Thanks for all the replies in advance. Shawn
Sounds good Shawn. Only problem is I am having too much fun with the road bike you sold me to mountain bike lately. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Portola Vince said:
Sounds good Shawn. Only problem is I am having too much fun with the road bike you sold me to mountain bike lately. :)
Glad you are fun on that sweet ride! Are you still grabbing extra gears on the climbs? Let me know if you have a favorite loop from our area, we are gonna start leading rides from the shop. Ride it like it's stolen.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Shawn, I go on a 25 mi road ride every MWF at 7 AM and could easily incorporate your shop in the loop as you're only two miles from my house. As for MTB rides, there's bits of single track along the Los Gatos Creek trail on the way to St. Joe's.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rj2 said:
Shawn, I go on a 25 mi road ride every MWF at 7 AM and could easily incorporate your shop in the loop as you're only two miles from my house. As for MTB rides, there's bits of single track along the Los Gatos Creek trail on the way to St. Joe's.
Thanks Richard! We are super familiar with that single track, it's where we send out test rides. Really sweet for being here in town, and a great warmup for Jones. You can find our address at treadbikes.com.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I'm cool with whatever. Up Montevina and down El Sereno is a good one for mountain biking. For the road, probably the first ride I did when I bought the bike. Up to Hicks and back via Shannon and Kennedy. Or Alma Bridge to Soda Springs or Montevina. I assume you are talking about after work rides when the days get a bit longer. Another good ride from the shop that takes a little longer is up Kennedy and down to Hicks or Quicksilver on the mountain bike. Anything on Hicks Road is good as well as Zayante and Old Santa Cruz for longer road rides. Overgrown or St. Joes from the shop is good ride too.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Portola Vince suggestions are all good,

Shawn, it was good to see you at the bottom of Overgrown on Turkey Day, I still need to stop by your new Shop and say hi.

For a little longer road ride, I like this Hwy 9 Summit road loop from Campbell

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/...unitSystemPkValue=2&episodePk.pkValue=3424807

I also like this loop up El Sereno and down Bohlman and into Saratoga and then back to Campbell. This ride is fine on MTB or CX bikes.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/...unitSystemPkValue=2&episodePk.pkValue=5041345

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the great suggestions, I have not ridden El Sereno, need to check that out. Which model of Garmin are you using to map out these routes? I want to have a section that you can post your favorite ride on our website, great way to find new routes. The Turkey day conditions were near perfect! It was nice to hit 50 down Dogmeat and still be able to slow down enough for the rutted turns, I think that was the most traction I have ever had up there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.