Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live really, really close to Six Mile Run and I have heard from a few people that there has been a lot of work there done recently and I should really check this place out. Are there any regular after work group rides that I could join up with?

·
JORBA: Six Mile Run
428 Posts
Not sure.....

Molasses said:
I live really, really close to Six Mile Run and I have heard from a few people that there has been a lot of work there done recently and I should really check this place out. Are there any regular after work group rides that I could join up with?
Not sure if the Tuesday and Thursday group rides are still happening. Do a Yahoo Groups search for Franklin Park Trail Riders, you can find info there, although the message board is a bit slow. If I didn't work such strange and unreliable hours, I'd offer to show you around.

This is one of the crossings in the park. Fun stuff to ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, good place to practice skills. I don't remember seeing any bridges like that last time I was there, although its got to be 3 years or so since I was there. Looks like fun.
I know where it is, I just can't tell you how to get there......(I like to call that directionally challenged!).

·
428 Posts
Neen said:
I was thinking the same thing, good place to practice skills. I don't remember seeing any bridges like that last time I was there, although its got to be 3 years or so since I was there. Looks like fun.
I know where it is, I just can't tell you how to get there......(I like to call that directionally challenged!).
The bridges are some of the new additions. There are others. I'll take more photos on my next ride and post them. Six mile is a great ride. It isn't the biggest place, but It has some good trails. I love the cedar forest sections. They are so dark even in the middle of a sunny day and you gotta love that smell!

·
Registered
26 Posts
That is why I love to ride in the woods more than on the road. Get some fresh earthy scents that is invigorating. Getting so stressed from the hustle and bustle of the working new jersey man that i need to emulate this stress into my riding. After riding then i can have peace and quiet with an ice cold Sam Adams on one hand and a remote to watch The Tour De France on the other. Post those pics of that pine grove your talking about.

·
I like wheelies
113 Posts
This place is a gas, particularly on a SS. If you do the entire out and back, it's pushing 15 miles of riding. Lots of excellent trail work has been done; berms, bridges, log piles, lots of twisty, groovy single track. Not much in the way of elevation changes, but a lot of fun for an hour and a half or so. Just beware following heavy rain; it gets MUDDY in places.

Park in the gravel lot by the fields on Rt. 27 South. I think it's Franklin Park(?)

·
428 Posts
Took me....

Took me long enough! Here are some Six Mile Run Images from about 2 weeks ago. I had the whole place to myself that day, breaking spider webs the whole way.:thumbsup:

All of these images are from the area between Rt. 27 and South Middlebush Rd.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
how well do these trails dry out? I would like to ride Monday but if its going to be a mudbog, then I'll stick to the road for a little bit to allow the trails to dry out.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have some pics if you can tell me how to post them??

J

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, there are some guys doing maintenance. I haven't met them yet but I am benefitting from their efforts. There is a cool see-saw thing not too far from the trail entrance on the Rt 27 side. You ride up the narrow see-saw to the top (couple feet), then it flips down so you can ride down the other side. It took two tries to do it. My buddy endo'd and gave up. I love Six Mile. Beautiful place!

·
i want spring!
479 Posts
Directions to the park

hi.

i need directions to the park. i would be coming from the central jersey from either NJ turnpike or Rt. 1.

thanks,
Db

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hey Wobbegong,

Wanna go out and ride this AM?? I know you are on a crazy schedule so you most likely can't go.

I am going out at 8.

There are probablly a ton of blowdowns from last weekend so I am going to bring a saw.

J

·
428 Posts
jdog said:
Hey Wobbegong,

Wanna go out and ride this AM?? I know you are on a crazy schedule so you most likely can't go.

I am going out at 8.

There are probablly a ton of blowdowns from last weekend so I am going to bring a saw.

J
Sorry bro,

Worked last night and slept this morning. I'm planning on going over tomorrow aftrernoon if your up for it.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts