Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the group buy deal on the carbon frame, but I'm not a carbon fan.

Any group buys can be organized for a cheap(er) priced ti frame? Knock some bucks off a Habanero or other company.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks but 2000 is not what i'd consider cheap.

i'm not a true weight weenie nor a must-have-ti-frame person, so a beat up, scratched up, used garage sale ti frame for $100 would work fine for me. thing is they are almost never my size when they do show up online used.

if we could get a group buy for the chinese frames, habanero, or anything under $600 maybe, that would be grand. again maybe with group buying power they'd lower the price...

i dont know....

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,933 Posts
the price of titanium has gone up significantly the past couple years, so don't expect some magic low prices anymore on frames, but XACD in china is where you'd end up having to go to do such a group buy if you want to beat the price of a habanero (who are made by XACD), and their track record for delivering on large orders is rather spotty.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I mentioned $100 ti frame becuz i missed one on craigslist by 1 freakin hour. guy was selling it at a family garage sale, i called and he said someone was already on their way. damn! it was a good condition airborne too. someone scored big time!

ti sports? that's worth a look for group buy.

anyone interested in such a deal?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.