Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Hoss Dee-Lux'n It
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty simple. At 6'4, I have large hands. Right now I have Kona Jackshizt grips. When I ride, my fingers dig into my palms.

Who sells fatter grips for larger hands :confused: It would save a lot of strain on the hands.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Got the man hands too!

My limited experience says go with Oury grips, lock on if you can . Biggest, most comfortable grips I've tried.Tip to tip, my hand measures 10+ " across. Believe it or not, I've also had sucess with the Bell ergo style from the Mart ($7.). Although they tend to spin alot.
Good luck in your search.
Leonard

·
mtbr Buckeye...in Austin
809 Posts
57clydesdale said:
My limited experience says go with Oury grips, lock on if you can . Biggest, most comfortable grips I've tried.Tip to tip, my hand measures 10+ " across. Believe it or not, I've also had sucess with the Bell ergo style from the Mart ($7.). Although they tend to spin alot.
Good luck in your search.
Leonard
Size 14 gloves and I send the OURYs. They're great!
Great grip and never slippery.

Two BIG thumbs up!! :D

·
SALLGUD
449 Posts
Paws

Palming a basketball is a no-brainer here! I used Oury grips for years and they worked extremely well. Big, fat reverse waffles! Within the past couple of years I have switched to Yeti Hardcore grips. They also have some substance to them. Definitely consider either of them in the ODI Lock-on system.

Michael

·
Steamroller
1,227 Posts
Oury or Odi Rogue

The Machine said:
I use the ODI Rogue Lock-On grips on my ride....best grips I have ever used (even better that the OURY grips I had.)
I like these two also, but there are some cork grips out there if you can find them that are even fatter and are real comfortable. I have them on my Jones H-bar and really like them a lot. The only place I've seen them for sale is through Rivendale and they only had the natural cork color. Mine are black, I don't know where Jeff sources them?

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Mattman said:
I like these two also, but there are some cork grips out there if you can find them that are even fatter and are real comfortable. I have them on my Jones H-bar and really like them a lot. The only place I've seen them for sale is through Rivendale and they only had the natural cork color. Mine are black, I don't know where Jeff sources them?
That would be Dimension Cork Grips, from QBP, any shop can get them. Closed ends. Love them, they came on my H-bars as well. I have XXL gloves. I got 5 other sets of these grips for any next time I'll need them. 28g a set.
What a buddy of mine uses, are bolt-on winged comfort grips. The kind you might find on high-end trekking bikes. Look totally dorky, but ofer lots of wrap and support. If you're a big guy, why would you have to suffer higher hand-on-bar pressure?

·
Who are the brain police?
10,112 Posts
Rogue's are great. And they have a large diameter if you have large hands....

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
applegreenheckler said:
Oury lock on's great grip and makes component changes very easy
Ditto that. Oury lock on's...wow, great grip, solid, comfortable, no slip. Hard to beat unless you're a gram counting weight weenie...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ohhh, please don't use those on trail...

You want your hands to be able go around the bar, at least mostly. This doofus was riding with my buddies and I last year, he had those exact grips. When we got into the mud, his hands slipped off the grips, he went over the bar and into the rocks. His face was so cut up, that I wasn't sure I could stitch him up completely. He was so messed up. Get some OURYs. The lock ons and the regular grips are all good grips.

·
Hoss Dee-Lux'n It
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I picked up a set of the OURY grips today. They are a little larger, and I like the soft tacky feel.

If the weather improves I hope to try them this weekend and I will let you guys know how it goes.

Any tips on how to install them easier, I saw at the LBS that they used thier air compressor, since I have one of those I might try that trick.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I run...

...the Rogue lock-ons but also had good luck with the Race Face Good & Evil grips. They don't lock on, but they are huge and comfy - especially nice for those that prefer to ride w/o gloves (like me).

Sean

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Ergon's here

Oragun said:
Anyone using these?

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=4835&category=1077

Running YETI + CC Ergo Ends on my 293 and thinking of getting a set of Ergons. Wonder if they're wide enough for our big hands.
These grips are especially great if you are experiencing any numbness, or tingling in your hands. They are rather large, they lock on, and are extremely comfy! As to them being slippery, or whatever, that is not a problem. My co-worker also uses these and just completed a rainy, wet 12 hour race with no issues. I will say that it is easy to get "lazy" about your grip with these, as they tend to relax your hands so well. I love them! No more hand pain for me! :D

·
Hoss Dee-Lux'n It
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OURY grips first impressions since I only used them for a short amount of time (crap weather).

Size, they are a little beefier then the Kona grips, however they are a little short compaired some other grips I have seen (no, they are not for twist shifts). The shortness is not noticable when riding.

They are sticky and the grip seems good, lots of grip even though I was in the rain. They seem to twist on the bars eaiser then other grips.

They are soft, and I did notice that they seemed to absorb more vibration then the Kona grips I had on before.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.