Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Crashed hard the other day and bent the hell outta the silver paddle on my front X9 shifter.
I am considering changing just the front to a XO twist shifter for its micro adjustability.

Any recommendations on grips? I am currently using ODI lock-ons but it does not look like it will be too secure if I cut it to fit the gripshifter.
Also, anyone know where I can order a replacement paddle online for the X9? I tried my LBS but they said I would have to buy a complete shifter. Thanks in advance.

Nuts.

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
With regards to the grip question. I find the best grips are foam grips. They are light weight, incredibly comfortable and a pain in the ass to get off the bars (That is, they are very secure!)....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Lock ons for grip shift

Nuts said:
Hi all,

Crashed hard the other day and bent the hell outta the silver paddle on my front X9 shifter.
I am considering changing just the front to a XO twist shifter for its micro adjustability.

Any recommendations on grips? I am currently using ODI lock-ons but it does not look like it will be too secure if I cut it to fit the gripshifter.
Also, anyone know where I can order a replacement paddle online for the X9? I tried my LBS but they said I would have to buy a complete shifter. Thanks in advance.

Nuts.
ODI lock ons are made in the grip shift length (short) and work great, I've got them on 2 of my grip shift bikes.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Gripshift specific ODI grips

Nuts said:
Hi all,

Nuts.
Just got some mounted. Nice feel. jenson has um

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nuts said:
Hi all,

Nuts.
If you wanna keep using triggers, I have a front XT shifter you can have for $5 to cover shipping.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fireball said:
If you wanna keep using triggers, I have a front XT shifter you can have for $5 to cover shipping.
I think I got some old LX's around somewhere. Just wanted to try something different. Thanks for the offer though.

Nuts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.