Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have freakishly large hands and need to shed my old tattered grips for ones that are more fitting...i had an epiphany about my bike that many of you know..."make the bike fit you..." the first step in this conquest is new, larger grips...all suggestions are appreciated...!

·
Registered
360 Posts
I use Ergon (they come in large or small) and like them a lot. I think this is due more to the shape than size though. I'd say also look at ODI Rogues. And do a search in this forum (Clydesdales). I know there has been at least one lengthy discussion on the subject before with lots of options given.

Grips are big factor in the comfort equation though--so you're on the right track with the whole "make the bike fit you".

·
Registered
28 Posts
Xpy said:
Oury's are great for big mitts, too. I've got the lock-on version.

Check 'em out - they're even quite cheap for you guys in the states...
I wear XL gloevs and bought a pair of the oury grips after using them on my MX bike and now have them on all my bikes...

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Oury's on 2, and Rogues on the other two. (Rogue's becasue they came in twist shifter length, or they too would be Oury's) I don't have exceptionally big hands either but I can palm a basketball. Oury's are comfy and wide. Love 'em.

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks all...ourys eh...i think that i had them on my 12 year specialized fatboy bmx bike...crazy to think that i would be referred to ourys after a decade...i am considering using some titec shorties can i use bar ends with the ourys...??? as for the ergons i will try them out at the lbs...

·
Registered
534 Posts
adubb25 said:
wow...ergons are quite expensive...seriously worth it...?
I had some issues with my wrists and hands, they helped for sure. If you're just after a large OD grip and don't need the ergo benefits then they're probably not worth it. FWIW I replaced mine with a set of lock on Ourys when they wore out. Some changes to my forward control setup solved my wrist issues. Also, the Lizard skins northshore lock ons are pretty big.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i can not tell you what size of glove i wear...i do not like them...i do not even wear gloves when ice fishing...i feel like i am missing out on "something"...thinkin about shootin for the oury lock-ons...!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.