Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the opportunity to stud my fat bike tires with Grip Studs and they gave me a heck of a lot more stability on ice. Even increased the snow traction. They will also work on "skinny" tires and I even popped a couple in my riding boots.

Check out the install and ride vids.

Grip Studs install on a Fat Bike - YouTube

Fat Biking with Grip Studs - YouTube

Until the end of February 2014 Grip Studs will offer a 10% discount on orders of 300 or more GST1000s (bicycle grip studs) + tool. Just look for the special code at the end of the video and quote it at the time of ordering.

Cheers

·
mtbr Decade+
1,545 Posts
Seems like a much better idea than pan head screws!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
But at almost a buck each? Like Schwalbe replacement studs.

On that latter point, with 330-stud tires MSRPing for $100, I think there is a business plan to be made for becoming a studded tire disassembler and reseller.

·
Registered
740 Posts
On that latter point, with 330-stud tires MSRPing for $100, I think there is a business plan to be made for becoming a studded tire disassembler and reseller.
That's a deal, curious where you found those 330-stud tires for $100?! The Grip Studs look like the real deal but I agree, at $1/pc it makes more sense to splurge on studded Dillingers...

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
That's a deal, curious where you found those 330-stud tires for $100?!
If you are a 26er, CRC has the ice spikers (300) for $75 and the ice spiker pros (360) for $100. Wiggle has the 29ers for $116

I actually got mine for less because I bought them in April a few years back.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Ok I thought we were talking about fat bike tires. At $75 those ice spikers sound great for a skinny tire setup. Unfortunately for fat bikes I only know of the Dillingers that come studded and they are $220+/tire. I have a spare set of 27tpi Nates that I might just stud with self-tapping screws if I decide not to go tubeless on the fatty...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts