Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the opportunity to stud my fat bike tires with Grip Studs. It was much easier than expected & they gave the Vee Missions new life not only on ice.

Check out the install and ride vids.

Grip Studs install on a Fat Bike - YouTube

Fat Biking with Grip Studs - YouTube

Until the end of February 2014 Grip Studs will offer a 10% discount on orders of 300 or more GST1000s (bicycle grip studs) + tool. Just look for the special code at the end of the video and quote it at the time of ordering.

Cheers

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well . . . its not exactly at the end . . . in the last 20-30 seconds. :)

Look for the yellow box that pops up.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Grip Studs - Install, Ride & Discount (video)

How much are we talking to do Bud & Lou?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
racefit - What I did was count the number of knobs on a row around the tire and divided by 2 thereby giving me the number of studs needed per row. I felt studding 4 of the 7 rows would be sufficient for the Misions. Buds & Lous look to have 7 rows each as well.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
racefit - What I did was count the number of knobs on a row around the tire and divided by 2 thereby giving me the number of studs needed per row. I felt studding 4 of the 7 rows would be sufficient for the Misions. Buds & Lous look to have 7 rows each as well.
I know the numbers differ depending on what you want to do.

Just looking for a ballpark cost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm thinking at least 150 per tire. That what I started with for the Vees and I had about 20 left over based on the pattern used in the video. I'm going to use the remainder to stud a few centre knobs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts