Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turns out the cable for my GPS was bad and that's why it had quit working on me the other weekend. I just got the new cable and, with the serial/com to USB converter cable, It works fine now.

You done any riding lately? Haven't done anym myself since we got back. Did clean up my bike and changed out all the cables. Cleaned up the chain the best I could. I plan to ride to tomorrow at Gambrils but have to meet my mom afterwards. Having foot surgery on Monday so I don't know when I'll get to go again!

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GRrider said:
whats up with that?

seemed like it had to be the cable, must be you bought a new lap top already?
Yea, bought a Toshiba laptop the other day and like it so far other than the fact it didn't have a com/serial port. My GF could care less about it either way. :D

·
dolce
81 Posts
sweet

I like my toshiba, thing has been thru hell and back. Never a problem.

haven't been mtb sice I got back, bike is all nice and clean and ready to go.
Put in double road centuries last weekend, getting ready to head out this morning after coffee for one today, do a little light trail work tomorrow. 12 hour solo race next next Saturday.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, you asked about the foot....

GRrider said:
I like my toshiba, thing has been thru hell and back. Never a problem.

haven't been mtb sice I got back, bike is all nice and clean and ready to go.
Put in double road centuries last weekend, getting ready to head out this morning after coffee for one today, do a little light trail work tomorrow. 12 hour solo race next next Saturday.

I have bad heel spurs in both feet. Had Cortizone(sp??) shot in 'em yrs ago and haven't given me problems since 'till last summer. The left foot got REALLY painfull and been to Phsy. therapy and all that for it so I'm having "non-invasive" surgery done on it. Basically the doc compared it to the same sort of thing used to bust up kidney stones and says it'll relieve the inflamation. The foot hasn't bothered me much lately cause I haven't been running on it, but it does hurt after some of my more rough rides where I'm doing alot of rock gardens. Hope this works because I want to get to working out again (running) I've probably gained about 10 to 15 lbs since I had to stop months ago.

12 hr solo??? Let me know how ya do and good luck with that. I thought about doing a couple of those, but I'm not really an endurance racer. Good Luck! :D

·
Banned
6,057 Posts
You do know these boards have a "Private Message" function, right?

I mean hey, if you prefer to post your conversations on the Passion board, more power to you. I'm just sayin'...

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
Drew,

Remember the time that we went to the Jets concert in the eighth grade at King's Dominion, and Suzie Q sung "Two of Hearts" and Jenny and Nyra were with us and we were all laughing when we ate funnel cakes and you had the one with fruit which I think was strawberry and I got the powdered sugar and it spilled on Nyra but you two weren't together yet, but I said that you should even though the age differences are little bigger than Jenny and me but who cares because I thought she was prettier but not as pretty as my Jenny so then we thumbwrestled to see who's girl was prettier and everyone was laughing and I won so that meant that Jenny was prettier and she hugged me but you got mad and Nyra said to drop it so we went to the heavy hammer thing which would prove who loved who more with the power of our muscles and you won that so even though Jenny was prettier than Nyra your bigger muscles hitting the heavy hammer bell thing went higher so that proved you loved her more but you weren't even going together. Wasn't that cool? Remember? Huh? Remember?

;)

·
Banned
6,057 Posts
Drevil said:
Drew,

Remember the time that we went to the Jets concert in the eighth grade at King's Dominion, and Suzie Q sung "Two of Hearts" and Jenny and Nyra were with us and we were all laughing when we ate funnel cakes and you had the one with fruit which I think was strawberry and I got the powdered sugar and it spilled on Nyra but you two weren't together yet, but I said that you should even though the age differences are little bigger than Jenny and me but who cares because I thought she was prettier but not as pretty as my Jenny so then we thumbwrestled to see who's girl was prettier and everyone was laughing and I won so that meant that Jenny was prettier and she hugged me but you got mad and Nyra said to drop it so we went to the heavy hammer thing which would prove who loved who more with the power of our muscles and you won that so even though Jenny was prettier than Nyra your bigger muscles hitting the heavy hammer bell thing went higher so that proved you loved her more but you weren't even going together. Wasn't that cool? Remember? Huh? Remember?

;)
Yeah, I'm still P.O'd about that! :D

·
Alright, let's ride!
1,472 Posts
Hey Brian, hope the doc helps you out today.

btw, tell nyra I still think she is prettier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts