Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

Does anyone out there have a Grey SL. Could you please post a picture? So far I've only seen the Clear and Brown SL. But I've yet to see the grey.

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have two rides of my grey SL and already have some paint chipping. Has anyone else had this problem yet. I thought the whole purpose of the rubberized paint was so that it wouldn't chip.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I climb said:
I have two rides of my grey SL and already have some paint chipping. Has anyone else had this problem yet. I thought the whole purpose of the rubberized paint was so that it wouldn't chip.
Pics of flaking ??????
Frame And Oh U Dirty Lil Mojo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry bout that ugly tape, waiting on a small chunk of helicopter tape. Will probably at some point go with Fishboy's great decal set after I see how well Pentagon Paint does..
Also, sorry bout fuzzy frame pics.
The pent paint really reflects blue and after seeing the gray at the show in Vegas I figured what the real color would look like framepic1&2.
Beautiful, mountain bikes love dirt !

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Edit:
:skep: Sorry if I too am a bit sceptical and would like to see a picture. There are a few guys that join and only have a few post and just go around trashing products for no reason. I'm not saying you are one of them but I think we all are sceptical without pics at this point.
So basically if you don't post a pic or two.
Oops sorry before I open my big mouth.
Ok really I find it hard to beleive though.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
ghawk said:
:skep: Sorry if I too am a bit sceptical and would like to see a picture. There are a few guys that join and only have a few post and just go around trashing products for no reason. I'm not saying you are one of them but I think we all are sceptical without pics at this point.
So basically if you don't post a pic or two, we don't beleive you.
:yesnod: :yesnod:

mx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well I tried to upload images but it says they are too large. I don't know anything about computers and don't know how to change this. Wasn't ripping on or bashing the bike. Found out what happened though, frame was making contact with bike rack. Bike was on for about ten minutes so I still would'nt think it would wear through to the carbon that quick. Bike is built with red components. Red Magura SL's for brakes, red links, and red hope hubs and skewers. The frame is bluish/grey but looks sick with the red. If I can find out how to post pics I will throw some up.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Found out what happened though, frame was making contact with bike rack.
Bike was on for about ten minutes so I still would'nt think it would wear through to the carbon that quick.
Okay cool, I stand corrected.....I am glad you are a real Ibis owner cause you get to experience how much fun the bike is.
As far as cable rub, I agree.:thumbsup: I think because of the really cool non-gloss finish the rub on the rubber paint causes more friction.
I had lil cable rub spots after the first ride. The neato helicopter tape has taken care of it wonderfully.
:madman: But.....there is one spot that snuck up on me and I did not expect this many marks after only a few rides.
The right seatstay nearest the chain has several lil scratches and even a couple of little ones all the way down to the carbon.
(on the bottom side starting at the der. cable stop all the way up to start of the decal on that side-but like said on bottom)
Chainslap areas I did not expect.
I have applied helicopter tape and that will be the end of it.
But SL owners should be aware (I will upload pics when I can---- raining now and my flash is not working.)
On another note: After several rock strikes and various pounding of the bottom of the downtube there is not a mark on it which is pretty amazing.
So the pentagon paint really does work just not for everything.
So I definitely recommend Fishboy's kit to all SL users including matte clear owners.
Also, I have had no problem getting helicopter tape to stick on penti paint once I cleaned the areas of the frame up well with first citrus then alcohol (the surface texture makes it adhere quite well.)
Wow, that tape is the bees knees for how well it protects considering how easy it is to cut and apply.:D
Edit--notice I snuck another pic in of the dirty lil moj. > I might clean it at some point, but don't count on it.
Edit again: Since I'm about to put the bike on a back rack it is good to know that the grippy paint rubs itself off pretty easily so I will use rags at every contact point
so there will be no friction on any movement.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.